Red bumpy chin and mouth

momtodozer

So Dozer is looking a lot better on TOTW (although he doesn't seem that crazy about it), some Alaskan Salmon oil added to his food in the mornings, Benadryl twice a day and his eye ointment...whewww...but my question is his chin and mouth..which is red and bumpy...I've done some reading on dog acne and sounds like what he has...I clean his stainless steel bowls with REALLY hot water after each feeding and also his water bowl during the day. I try to dry off his mouth area each time I see him drink..which I think he is getting tired of seeing me coming...lol...but I've been reading about adding some apple cider vinegar to his water and also applying to his chin area...any thoughts or does it usually require antibiotics. We are due back at the vet early next week for his two week checkup.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i use acv for everything,i put it in annies food,use it to clean her ears,rinsing after a bath,cleaning the floors,hotspots you name it i use it lol,get acv with the mother written on the label as its the purest ,it clears yeast,boosts immune systen is antibacterial/antifungal,great stuff,karen

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate had some "puppy acne" in the same spots you're describing. Went to the vet's to p/u some Mal-A-Ket wipes which is both antifungal and antibacterial and used this for a few weeks. It took awhile to clear up but eventually, the acne did go away.

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
Samson had the same problem, I started giving him water in a water bottle that hooks onto his cage and put his food on a stainless steel baking sheet instead of a bowl. His chin acne and bumps are now gone. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.