Bee Pollen?

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Hey y'all!

Okay, Roxi has been doing great with the allergy issue since our last visit (about a month ago:D)when she was given the dexamethasone shot. However, in the last couple of days I have noticed about 5 hives that have popped up. I was doing some research on dogs with seasonal allergies and honey and bee pollen were used as remedies. I was wanting to know if anyone has any experience with using either one of these?

The vet said we are not doing another steriod shot and the only reason that we gave her this past one was because she was miserable. (which I totally agree with) Like I said, she has been doing great and I'm guessing the shot is beginning to wear off:cursing:! I have been giving her about 1.5 teaspoons of Lipiderm fish oil in the morning with her food and a tablespoon of pumpkin with 1 Zyrtec pill. Then for dinner she gets her food and either 25mg of benadryl or 4 mg chlorpheniramine. I switch about every other day between the benadry and chlorpheniramine.

Thankfully we finally got some rain yesterday and today:happydance:so maybe it will help her now that it is not so hot and dry outside.

What else should I be doing? I do not want Roxi to get to the point where she is suffering again. :pray:

Thanks!

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
We give our baby plain yogurt with a tablespoon of LOCAL honey (she's a big girl 70 lbs) for her allergies. There are some people who think a tablespoon is too much but this method has kept our girl allergy free for two years...it's working for us. We get our LOCAL honey from the County Farmers Market. It has to be local honey so that the pollen used to make the honey contains the pollen that cause the allergies. It's worth a try...if you think a tablespoon is too much, start off with a teaspoon. The yogurt is an excellent immune system booster, as well. If you don't have a farmer's market in your area, most health food stores carry local honey. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.