Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Default Bald patch under the eye?

The last two days I've started noticing this.

Delilah had really smelly, itchy wrinkles, so I took her to the vet. She was diagnosed with having a really bad yeast infection and was put on anti-fungal oral medication 2x daily as well as anti fungal wipes that I have to use 2x daily.

She was looking really good and it was starting to clear up. There's only a few days of medication left.

I've now noticed that on the brown side of her face, she's getting a little bald patch under her eye. Look at these pictures I took today:

and here's a picture before the meds:

Hopefully you all can see the spot, if not I'll go and circle it in paint to make it visible. It's not a big patch, but enough to where I can notice it.

Any suggestions? I just want this infection GONE!

Lucy-licious

Default Re: Bald patch under the eye?

I can't see it personally but my eyes a shot
    is it possible that the hairloss is where her skin is healing after the fungal infection?
    She's beautiful bald patch and all

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Bald patch could be from her possibly rubbing her eyes against something. I notice Wilson will wear away the fur under his itchy eye but it always grows back and there may even be slight swelling. BabyGirl will get those tear stains which can quickly turn into red raw wrinkles. Sometimes those tears turn hard overnight so by morning they can be crusty. I try to wash those areas very well but use cotton balls with mild dog shampoo mixed with warm water till I know I have removed crusties and tear goo. Then I go over them again with just water and then dry thoroughly. Then I will use any moisture barrier kind of cream. Vasoline or Desitin but have to be very cautious about not getting it in the eyes, usually I will use a Q Tip but I have to make sure she doesn't jerk or move.
    Seems to me that dog skin is kinda sensitive in that whenever there is a surface or just beneath the surface irritant fur will fall out easily but thank goodness most of the time it grows back!
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the help!I've noticed that she lost more over night..it's starting to go around her eye now.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I'm with @Fontanafox and it may be from the infection, just watch it for a few days. She is such a pretty girl even with her infection.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Remove Ads