From a happy puppy - to nearly being put down - To back home... Hopefully this story ends with an adult bullie

OP
sporako

sporako

Jul 22, 2011
Madison WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Duchess
Thanks everyone for the kind words - I have some friends and family in the area that will be helping out. and Mod - I'm going to PM you.

Shes fast a sleep in her kennel right now, i'm going to lay down myself until my alarm wakes me for treatment time. - I'm really glad this MB is here. Thanks again everyone.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
SO sorry that you and Bella are having to deal with this!! Sounds a lot like what I went through with Delilah. :( Almost lost her. It's SO scary!!

L

Lucy-licious

Sounds like you have a little fighter there, so happy she is responding well and has come home. Stick to her current med regime and call her doc if things get worse. :hug: for you and Bella keep up the good work Daddy :hug:

OP
sporako

sporako

Jul 22, 2011
Madison WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Duchess
Well, Day one is in the books :) She did great, kinda pissy when i had to wake her up to get some vaporized air in her system. But then again, I wasnt the most perky at 2:00 am :) The only negative thing that happend, is the 30 dollar humidifier i bought yesterday doesnt work haha

She looks about the same today - maybe a little better. She is hungry and drinks - But now I'm so scared because of what the doctor said about her airway - and her chances of this happneing again. So i'm trying to figure out how to feed her a bit slower - and not drink so fast.

Shes on hard food now, Blue buffalo puppy bits. I'm wondering if i should change this?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would not change her food right now if she is doing good on it, no sense messing up her tummy too. I hope and pray she keeps improving, and the good thing is she wants to eat and drink. We will keep the prayers and good thoughts coming her way.

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
I've been thinking about Bella non-stop. Is she doing any better today? Keeping Bella in my prayers...positive vibes coming your way. Please let us know how your little girls is doing.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh I know both of you will pull through this. It is amazing what we do for our little bullies. My Bella was a very sick puppy for months, but I did what I needed to to get her through it. You will find the strength through you love for her. My prayers are with the two of you.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I was thinking about you and Bella. I remember you saying that once Thursday comes, then she's in the clear. I guess this was a couple of weeks ago.

You're a great parent not hesitating to get her to the vet. Our bullies are our babies and we'll do anything for them. They have a way in tugging our heartstrings.

Will pray and send positive thoughts that she'll recuperate quickly and get back to her jolly self. Big hugs to you both! :hug::luv:

HuddysBuddy

Mar 14, 2011
Columbia, Pa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I am so sorry to hear about this and wish both you and Bella the best. My heart and prayers go out to you both.

OP
sporako

sporako

Jul 22, 2011
Madison WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Duchess
Update - So today went well, she seems to be feeling a bit better. She ate in the morning, but not lunch. She seems to be resting well - She does hold one of her eyes open a bit when she sleeps. and she has developed a bit of a tremor in her head. Its very slight, she could be dreaming, or maybe its the medication... Or maybe its head tremors... But like i said, its very small.

So she is napping, and that means I get to nap! So far, so good :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Poor little girl, you two have been through the wringer, please when you can post and give us updates, both of you will be in my :pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.