Introduction and question regarding spaying

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Hello, my name is Jen. My husband and I got our sweet English Bulldog Stella from a responsible good breeder in our area in February at the age of 9 weeks. Her birthday is November 28, 2010.
She is scheduled to be spayed tomorrow and I feel really nervous. Is she old enough? (Just over 8 months). I just read Laura's post about her Lola and the reaction to the anesthesia and now I am really concerned. Can anyone offer some advice? Should I wait? Stella is our baby and we love her more than I ever thought possible. The thought of something bad happening is horrifying. :cry:

from that side she looks like my Oliver, except his blue eye is his right eye!!! 8 months is a perfect age to get her spayed, she will be fine, but it is nervewracking, I know.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Welcome to the EBN. :) I too hope all goes well. I'll be facing neutering for my Wilson in the next couple of months and I'm nervous about it already. Lots of well wishes sent your way.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola just had her surgery on the 3rd. The surgery went fine, but we could not keep her down after day 2. We've had her tranquilized and/or crated for most of the past 12 days! She not only runs around, she jumps and leaps from things. Stitches come out today, thank goodness. Poor girl wants to play!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.