Red Rashy patch under the eyes?

Shuggy

Jun 24, 2011
Lately my little english has developed a strange skin rash under her eyes. The skin is very irritated, and it is always "wet"

Has anyone ever encountered something like this? Should I put some sort of ointment?

Here is a pic. It is not a CUT, thats her wrinkle

0808112036.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
That appears to be the beginning of a problem that could turn into a yeast infection easily. it doesn't look really infected yet, just irritated. Clean with gentle shampoo, dry thoroughly. Put some Destinin (diaper rash) ointment. if it doesn't improve or starts to look infected or smell bad (yeast) your vet can prescribe something stronger.

ziviabell

May 22, 2011
Orange County, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hershie
You definitely need to keep it dry. Maybe her tear duct is clogged. You can try putting some Gold Bond powder on a q-tip and gently put it on the wet part. Please be careful not to get any in her eye or nose.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
my Bubba has this sometimes.. I think it's from alergies and eyes watering. One of my fav things to use for this, rope wrinkle and paws are anti-bacterial wipes I get at specialty pet stores.

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
I clean all Punkie's face wrinkles (around her eyes and under her nose rope) everyday with a baby wipe and then dry it with a tissue...followed up with a dab of Desitin in each wrinkle. In the really hot summer time like we've had in Texas, somedays require morning and evening cleaning.

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
Forgot to say, if it has an odor or gets yeasty, you can use DermaPet Malaket Plus Flush. It will clean and prevent yeast. If you use this product be EXTREMELY careful not to get any in your Bullie's eyes or nose. Good luck! Bullies require daily maintenance but they are soooo worth it!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I use desitin as well. You will need to clean that area daily. I use peroxide on a cotton ball, some use baby wipes or clean, wet washcloths. You should make sure it is completely dry. I mean BONE dry. Then put a thin layer of the desitin. It will act as a barrier to the moisture so that the skin can heal. Like others have said, it could turn yeasty if you aren't careful.

OP
S

Shuggy

Jun 24, 2011
Wow, thank you so much for all the replies so quickly!

I will take everyone's advice.

I will report back in a few days to see the results. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hi [MENTION=2626]Shuggy[/MENTION] ... I should also ask what you are feeding your bully. Sometimes a bad food or a food reaction can increase the amount that the eyes water and that can just make the problem even worse.

nikkip410

Aug 5, 2011
STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
REX
same thing is happening right now to my bully.. i usually use desitin .. but the last 2 days i noticed that it looks as if the hair is falling out .. and he wont let me put the desitin on or any other thing frontline etc. without throwing a huge fit ..

OP
S

Shuggy

Jun 24, 2011
I feed her Blue Buffalo. Where can I get desitin?

Thanks,

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That looks a lot like Delilah, currently. She has a yeast infection and is on medication.

OP
S

Shuggy

Jun 24, 2011
Quick update.

Ben keeping it clean and switched her food. It seems to be getting better. I have also bought a cream from a hollistic dog store in my area. I am going to give it another week and wait for results.

Thanks guys.

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
i am afraid it looks like the beginning of a yeast infection. my bulldog has really bad patch like around his eyes, stomach, and toes. went to dog derm today and he is now on simplicef antibiotic to clear it up. also, duoxo wipes are amazing for the rope area and they are cheap but are only @ vet...!! hope she will get better i feel your pain!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.