Cough?

Puckstr33

Apr 21, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
My little girl Molly started coughing on Saturday and it has persisted till today. Molly has been coughing off and on and spits up white flem . She has not been drinking much water, she has had some ice cubes. I started feeding her white rice and cottage cheese. She spits it all back up usually after 10-30 mins. I took her to the vet this morning,temp is normal,not dehydrated, "yet'? they did a x ray, chest appears clear, heart rate is good. They are putting her on nausea medicine, and some antibiotics, and keep ing her to this afternoon to see if she keep sit down. I am worried about my little girl...anyone had something similar lately? She was fine on Friday. I am just concerned since they can't seem to find what is wrong?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What a pretty girl! I hope they find the problem and get her fixed up quick.

OP
Puckstr33

Puckstr33

Apr 21, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Just got the little girl home from the vets. They are treating her a secondary case of pneumonia and gastriotis..the antibiotics seem to eased the cough. She can't have anything to eat till tomorrow morning. Then I start her on a oral antibiotic and something called carafate for her stomach. She seems to be a bit better. Just hope this clears things up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Don't hesitate to bring her back to the vet if she won't eat or drink. Hope she is better in the morning!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great that they figured out what it is. Hope beautiful Molly gets rid of this bug fast!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry I'm so late...I sure hope Mollly is feeling better..I do know carafate is to help their tummies accept meds without getting sick...it's a good thing!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This really sounds like kennel cough to me. I am surprised your vet didn't suggest that to you before doing the x-ray. My puppy Truman just had a bout of it and was doing the same things you describe - he was throwing up due to the all the coughing and the post-nasal drip. He was diagnosed quickly based on his symptoms and given a cycle of antibiotics, which had him on the mend in no time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online