Stupid allergies

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
So. Violet has been having horrible allergies. Last night NY mom noticed some small bumps on her back sure enough she had a couple hives I had already given her benedryl but u gave her another half. The bumps didn't multiple thank goodness. Her ears were red her tummy was pink ugh so today my daughter put a T-shirt on her.
4c1471f9-15bc-f72f.jpg

I'm hoping it works. On the funny side she's being an angle lol she is being so loving she's like this when she has her harness on too. Has anyone noticed this in ur bully's when they are wearing something? As soon as the harness or T-shirt comes off she's naughty lol
Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
This might sound crazy but it works! We have a Bullie with allergies...we have an old country vet who likes to try natural remedies before giving allergy shots or meds. We mix a tablespoon of LOCAL honey in 1/2 cup of plain yogurt each morning...our Bullie loves it and it really works!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Can i use any honey

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
This might sound crazy but it works! We have a Bullie with allergies...we have an old country vet who likes to try natural remedies before giving allergy shots or meds. We mix a tablespoon of LOCAL honey in 1/2 cup of plain yogurt each morning...our Bullie loves it and it really works!

I've heard his works for human allergies too...since your body will be exposed to the pollen (or whatever) via the honey. I've never tried it, but it does make sense! If you try it, I would buy local honey from a Farmer's Market.

[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION], Is she still on the Wellness?

Hope your baby feels better soon! Love the pic of her sleeping with your daughter!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus

I belong to a group that also shares natural remedies and all of them suggest that a tablespoon is way too much sugar for our dogs to feed daily and in one sitting. I've never tried it but I just wanted to share. :)

Also if you think about it, would you give yourself a tablespoon worth? I only put a drop in my coffee and even I find it too sweet.

Last edited:
OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
My mom has bad allergies and she uses it daily. I might not give her a tablespoon but I think I will try this! Our farmers market is tomorrow ill go and get some honey and try it.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Allergies are such a pain in the butt! It is an ongoing issue here. Vegas gets allergy shots that really help alot, but there are still days I have to give him a Benadryl.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
The shirt didn't work she still has hives on her back it sucks she's being a very naughty girl rite now biting everyone err and she stole the newspaper and ripped it up lol so naughty

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I do share a experience with you friend when the same bumps or like diseases appeared on my dog.That was appeared due to the soap which i was being used.Actually i want to say that some time we do use those products which do not have acceptability with our dogs.Because some dogs are quite different and have sensitive skin.So its a advice to all dog owners that first you must have to discuss with your vet about the feed and diet of your dog.

I use all free and clear laundry soap and I use baby soap on her at bath time. I'm hoping I don't have to take a trip to the vet. I will be trying the honey and yogurt and fingers crossed it'll help her.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
The honey and yogurt does work! We get local honey at our Farmer's Market. Yes, it works on humans, too! :)

Ok I don't wanna sound like a dumby but there is always different kinds of honey there what should it look like

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The honey and yogurt does work! We get local honey at our Farmer's Market. Yes, it works on humans, too! :)

I would be careful of the amount of honey you give your bulldog. Honey is just so sweet .. just a tiny tiny bit should suffice if you want to use it. [MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION] it has to be the local honey, and as pure as possible. But as I said above I would be very careful giving some in such a high concentrate form. Add just a tiny tiny bit if you want to give it a try.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] thanks I will becarful and not give her to much. I watched everything she did today and still she got.bumps on her back. Heh

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online