Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
As stated in the title, I noticed a tiny lump on Miss Sassy Pants. It is located in her right front pit. At first I thought is was one of her nibbins but I got to thinking, hey, they don't got that far up. It doesn't seem to bother her. Am I being an overreactive mommy??

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Never an over reaction when these things are concerned. My husband says so long as you can grab it and move it, (like it is in the skin I think) it is ok. not that I am an expert. How long has she had it? Cutty had a little bump on his side but I think it was a bite of some sort cuz it disappeared as fast as it appeared.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Never an over reaction when these things are concerned. My husband says so long as you can grab it and move it, (like it is in the skin I think) it is ok. not that I am an expert. How long has she had it? Cutty had a little bump on his side but I think it was a bite of some sort cuz it disappeared as fast as it appeared.

I think maybe for about a week. I would offer a pic when I get home but, you can't see it. You can just feel it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Being a week I wouldnt stress just yet. Check and see when you get home if you can grab it and move it. Cutty even got a big lump at one point, (no idea how) turned out to be like a blood blister the vet said. Cannot remember what she called it. Anyhow she had to drain the blood out with a needle and it kept filling for a little bit, she drained it 2 or 3 times then it went away. Most likely isnt anything to stress about BUT I would check it when you get home and for sure keep an eye on it. If you are still worried then it cant hurt to go to the vets office.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
A lot of dogs get lipomas (fat deposits) - usually a small, movable, soft mass just under the skin. My brother's dog is an 11-year-old retriever and he has several of these lipomas of varying sizes found all over his body. But, usually, a vet will order a biopsy just to be sure that it's not malignant, even if it's just a lipoma. So yeah, something you definitely want to let your vet know about.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I personally would not rush, but definitely would let the vet know the next time you are there, my son's dog has a lump/bump on her tail, after testing we know it is a cyst, the vet, (same as mine) will drain in occasionally but it is not life threatening just a marble size cyst.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm with everyone else and just keep an eye on it and let your vet check it the next time you go, unless it starts to get bigger.

Most Reactions