How much??

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
For Gator (who is 50lbs) the vet said I could give two every 8 hours. BUT I don't use it...he acts drunk when I do. lol

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
matildasmom hi thanks for asking ,shes doing not bad at the moment,dont want to bore everyone lol,itching going right down belly clear just sweaty/greasy pits to deal with ,and ive got her antihistamine down from 60mg per day to 40mg,fingers crossed its passing,and she hasnt itched once since ive got up!!,karen

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
matildasmom hi thanks for asking ,shes doing not bad at the moment,dont want to bore everyone lol,itching going right down belly clear just sweaty/greasy pits to deal with ,and ive got her antihistamine down from 60mg per day to 40mg,fingers crossed its passing,and she hasnt itched once since ive got up!!,karen

That is good to hear!!! Yay Annie!!!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
lol,she hasnt had chicken backs for a week either ,but through the night shes has had the runs poor thing,as shes raw fed its very very black and very smelly lol,so ive soaked a chicken back for 30 mins just in case it has sodium in it and shes just eaten it ,little love went crazy for it as she adores chicken backs,so now i wait!!wait and watch to see if she starts itching lol,i havnt taken her tshirt off yet though lol,good job im not working today or babysitting my grandaughters ha ha ,karen

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so sorry we just got back late last night.. i have SO much catching up to do on this site!! :)
yes we give two zyrtec to duke ( per the dermatologist ) it is twice the human dose. Duke weighs just under 60 pounds.. although this week after his nana babysat I think he put a few lbs on!!!!!!!:laugh:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
usually 10mg per 101b,you may need to try a few different types before getting one that suits,i tried 4 before i found 1 that suited annie,karen

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so sorry we just got back late last night.. i have SO much catching up to do on this site!! :)
yes we give two zyrtec to duke ( per the dermatologist ) it is twice the human dose. Duke weighs just under 60 pounds.. although this week after his nana babysat I think he put a few lbs on!!!!!!!:laugh:

:lol:

Matilda is now 44 pounds, she got weighed when my daughter checked her out at the vets office. 2 Zyrtec should still be ok right???

meatys mom

May 6, 2011
georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
meaty
We used benedryll for a while but now using Zyrtec (MUCH BETTER)!!!!!! and you only need one pill a day. I buy the generic. It has the same ingredients as the name brand.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My kids are one the prescription strength. So I have plaenty around the house. Would I be able to give that to her??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My guys are 60lbs each and they get 50mg twice a day...... vet told me that is fine. And, it helps with the allergies, but does not impact their energy level at all

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you may want to check the milligrams on your kids meds. i think the kids dose was 5mg not the 10mg in the regular. i give sarah one and 1/2 to 2 benadryl twice a day or less depending on how bad the allergies are. i tried the zyrtec yesterday but i dont think i gave enough and she was panting in no time so i went back to the benadryl for now as im confortable with it. ill try the zyrtec again later just was not sure how much i could give and how often so i reverted back to benadryl. i to have tried several and benadryl works the best for me till i get comfy with the zyrtec. it did seem better than benadryl on her for the short time it worked.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.