Anyone ever use the off-brand Flea Treatments?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Is diatomaceous earth something you have to get from the vet? Is it applied like frontline would be applied? I'd like to get more info on that product, seems like a good alternative!
We get our diatomaceous earth from pool supply store..we use it in our pool filter...I have NO idea HOW you would use this..application wise..to an animal. It's an ash powder.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Plus, I think that if there are stringent restrictions on it being put in the sewer system, then I don't know if I would put it on my dog. I haven't researched it yet but will. I did post a few natural repellents on a post called "interesting article and flea & tick" something if you would like to look into something a little less chemically driven.

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
I use the kind at Walmart and Sams too... recommended by my mom who has an outside dog. Katie has only been on it for a month, but she is the same as always. She does have a vet appt. on Saturday though, so now I'm going to have to ask him about it!

yralph59

Nov 21, 2011
We should never use any kind of dog products on pets they are toxic..Now a days there are several natural ways such as boiling lemons and making a lemon spray that will safely repel fleas and not harm your pets..

Kitten care

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
You have to buy diatomaceous earth food grade. You feed it to the dog on its food for worms and brush its coat with it to keep off fleas. I just fed it all summer not one flea until late September then we had an infestation. But hubby forgot to treat the yard with the earth again, so that may be what happened.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.