Dozer's skin is better but I have some questions...

momtodozer

Ok so I put up some new pics in his album. His skin is better even though still thin. The redness on his face has significantly calmed down and only gets pink when he gets excited or hot. Except under his mouth. You can see in the pics that this is still pretty red. Wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions. He is doing well on TOTW with salmon oil added in the mornings and still Benadryl twice a day. I use stainless steel bowls and rinse them out after eating. I have even bought unscented baby wipes and wipe his chin after he eats.

The skin around his neck where he had that awful collar on is missing in places and almost callused feeling. Will this ever regrow hair? Is there anything I can put on it to soften it up?

Thanks for any input!!

ziviabell

May 22, 2011
Orange County, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hershie
I would put some triple antibiotic ointment on his chin after you wipe it. For any softening, I would use aquaphor (you can get this at the drugstore...it's like vaseline) or Kerasolv Gel which I got at my vet's. Benedryl never did a thing for my bullie. I give her 3 tablets of 4 mg. of Chlorpheniramine maleate antihistamine (generic) in the morning. You can get this at the drug store also. That was per my vet. Time will tell if the hair will grow back. Please be sure to wash the steel bowls in hot water. It's not how much soap you use, but how hot the water that determines cleaning. Hope that helps.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How long has he been on this regime? The tale will be told after 4 weeks, it takes that long to see the full results of what you are doing- and if it is working. 4 weeks to cleanse the system of the food (and it's after effects) you were feeding prior that is :) Sounds like you are seeing improvement quickly, that is great!

OP
momtodozer

momtodozer

He's been on TOTW for about 9 days. They guy we got him from said he was on Royal Canin but I don't think he was as he had none to give us when we left and mentioned something about getting it at Food Lion :( but anyway....I guess its a waiting game to see now huh :) He doesn't scratch at all now and his skin is getting better...I'll make sure the water is super hot when rinsing the bowls and try the ointment for his chin and skin...thanks so much and will keep ya posted!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.