Dozer's first week and first vet visit today

momtodozer

So our first week with Dozer has gone well. He has adjusted to our home beautifully and is a constant joy. His skin is starting to look a little better. He is doing well on TOTW but when I add the salmon oil to it in the morning he sticks his nose up a bit but will eventually eat it. His cherry eye looks a little better, less inflamed as does his overall appearance. He is taking Benadryl twice a day 25 mg. He is not digging, scratching or licking at anything. The vet said he could have a flea allergy (as we found a few on him when we first got him) We gave him an oatmeal/flea shampoo bath which he wasn't crazy about but handled it fairly well. His stools are staying firm and no problem with the food switch. He was HW negative and fecal was negative. He gets another flea bath tomorrow and then will get Vectra a couple of days after per vet recommendation. We got his Interceptor to start him on also. He got his first shots, as we found out he'd never even got his puppy shots and his rabies. He was a champ at the vet and everyone stopped to love on him.

We go back in 2 weeks for a recheck on his skin. Then we'll schedule his neuter and cherry eye surgery. I'm so glad that I found this site and have learned a lot about the breed. Thanks for all the info :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So glad things are going well! It's nice to have a little time under your belt..ha? Just makes it easier to relax...for a bit anyway! Keep us posted!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad he is doing better, so now you can enjoy him a little more now. Just need some pics. :lol:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am glad to hear that he is doing well. Keep us posted on his progress and give him a hug from us :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh so glad hes doing better. big hugs from sarah and I. Hope he continues to get well.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
So our first week with Dozer has gone well. He has adjusted to our home beautifully and is a constant joy. His skin is starting to look a little better. He is doing well on TOTW but when I add the salmon oil to it in the morning he sticks his nose up a bit but will eventually eat it. His cherry eye looks a little better, less inflamed as does his overall appearance. He is taking Benadryl twice a day 25 mg. He is not digging, scratching or licking at anything. The vet said he could have a flea allergy (as we found a few on him when we first got him) We gave him an oatmeal/flea shampoo bath which he wasn't crazy about but handled it fairly well. His stools are staying firm and no problem with the food switch. He was HW negative and fecal was negative. He gets another flea bath tomorrow and then will get Vectra a couple of days after per vet recommendation. We got his Interceptor to start him on also. He got his first shots, as we found out he'd never even got his puppy shots and his rabies. He was a champ at the vet and everyone stopped to love on him.

We go back in 2 weeks for a recheck on his skin. Then we'll schedule his neuter and cherry eye surgery. I'm so glad that I found this site and have learned a lot about the breed. Thanks for all the info :)

Thanx so much for keeping us in the loop on his progress. I hope you will continue to do so as we all just love hearing about other's bullies and how they are doing. Sounds to me like he is progressing great. More pix would be wonderful ;);)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.