I feel terrible.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
We had Brooke completely weewee pad trained at home (our last apartment). We could leave her home out of the crate and she would have no accidents (except for some chewing of the coffee table). This week we are staying at my boyfriend's parents house to watch their two labs while they are in Italy and while we are moving into our townhouse and Brooklyn has been a MONSTER. We ususally gate her in the kitchen because she is allowed on the couch at home but not here and doesn't understand. The past few days when we leave her she has been peeing on the floor, shredding her weewee pad (which she hasn't done since the week we brought her home), and jumping the gate into the living room. Yesterday my boyfriend's brother came over to take the dogs out and found her relaxing on their leather sofa and she was then banished to the crate. This morning I noticed her attempting to pee like 5 times. Then making a dripping trail on the sidewalk (otherwise I wouldn't have noticed in the grass). She definately has a UTI. I cannot believe that I didn't even think of that. She had one once before but she had mucus discharge then and hasn't had any this time. I thought she was peeing on the floor and being a brat because she has been home alone more than usual due to the move and that she was now splitting her time with us with Jake and Tucker. I feel sooo terrible.

P.S. Does anyone have any issues with UTIs? Or any recommendations on supplements I could give her to prevent them? She has also not yet been spayed (planning to as soon as we're settled in at the new place), idk if that plays into anything.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We give HRH cranberry pills. We started after a round of antibiotics, and they do seem to help.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No personal help either but was going to mention cranberry pills. Dont beat yourself up it is hard to read our babies sometimes. I have this problem with my skin babies too and it is hard to not feel guilty but we are only human. I bet next time you will know right away and that is what makes a good mama. You are learning from her just like she is you. :)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
good old apple cder vinegar in the water or food ,it clears up uti and prevents it,though for safety sake she may need antibiotics,karen

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Just got back from the vet with antibiotics for the UTI. But got good news too, she is negative for demodectic mange mites and no longer needs the ivomec (thank goodness because she HATES it).

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Don't feel bad. Things happen! You did figure it out and you did help her by taking her to the vet :). Doggies can't tell us when they have a problem so you were a good detective and figured it out. Take care and *hugs* to both of you.

Members online

No members online now.