Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have never had these in 17 years of owning bulldogs, but here on the forum I do notice that many with this problem have found a solution with the right dog food. But it is not always the case. But it is a good place to start, especially if you are feeding a low grade dog food.

With that being said, I also know somebully who had a terrible case of these and switched to one of the worst dog foods-- Ol Roy-- And they went away. Go figure...

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
dont forget bullys are prone to interdigital cysts as they are heavy fronted dogs so not always food/allergy related,karen

I do think you are right on this. Meaning, any issue your dog may be having could or could not be food related. Switching foods is often a good place to start in trying to find the culprit because many times it is the cause. If changing foods is not effective, you can move on to other options.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
also sometimes its caused by an ingrowing hair.so look between the pads and toes if there is a black dot then you can pluck it out,this sometimes gets rid of the cysts,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well all i know is sarah has had interdigital cysts for a long while now on two feet and just aquired some on her back feet a few months ago. When i put her on mostly homemade chicken(sometimes hamburger) with some very limited ingredient kibble(natural balance lamb and rice) in 5 days all her cysts are gone as is the redness between the toes. now whether they will come back next week i dont know but this is how it is now. im interested to see if the yeast on her pads goes, as well as the redness between the pads on the bottom of her feet.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
yes some cysts are allergy related but not all ,sometimes its an ingrowing hair prety much like a boil that humans get,it has been known that if the offending hair folicle is taken out the cysts go,and if you watch a bully walk the pressure on the pads can be very heavy especially very heavy bullys,a friends bully had a cyst and there was an ingrowing hair when taken out the cyst did not return and no problems since,karen

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online