Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I have a question about the suppliment fish oil. I know there are several posts about it already. But here we go. Fish oil is taken for their skin and coat right?? My question is, what is a good kind?? How much do I give to Matilda who is 40 pounds?? Then how often?? Also, what is a good treat I can add into her dinner since she cannot have yogurt or cottage cheese??

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
It also helps to build their immune system as well. Lex and our lab, Bo, have been on fish oil for the last 2 weeks and we can already see a difference in their coats, its shiny and as well, less shedding!!! We give them one pill a day w some cheese, all I know it's the stuff we get from sams, its the big gel type pills.When jeff takes he also gives the boys one at the same time.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes less shedding is a big one for sure. Cutty was using it and Mugsy not cuz he didnt like it and let me tell you this is the only way I would have known the diff. I put Mugs on it right away after bathing them and seeing such a huge diff in the boys and normally they shed the same amount. I always gave a reg fish oil pill like you would take, 1 a day for them both. Mugsy beign only 25 pounds always was fine taking it and cutty being over 50 was fine also. This is what cuttys breeder told me to give and it was fine until 1 day out of nowhere he decided he didnt want them anymore. Went to the salmon oil supplement that comes in the pump and now it just gets squeezed over their food so they dont have a choice. ;)
As for extra snacks (for in their food you mean?) any veggies would be good. canned pumpkin but that is getting harder to find this time of year.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver and Sebastian get the Grizzly Salmon Oil squirted on their food at night. Sebastian is supposed to get two squirts and Oliver three based on thier weight, but they tend to switch bowls when eating, so they both just get three squirts. Their coat looks really great, if it's cutting down on the shedding, I'd hate to see what they're like without ti. Oliver sheds really bad, but I've heard that for some reason white bullies tend to shed more than other colors.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie started out with the salmon oil once a day but had bad salmon breath so we switched her to the pills once a day. She swallows it without having to disguise it at all... just toss it close to the event horizon staring up at me and it disappears into the abyss. :D ;)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i started to give sarah fish oil bout a month ago. i get grizzly salmon oil and squirt it on her food. i have actually stopped giving her the joint pills i was giving as she seemed to do better with the fish oil. i only give sarah 2 squirts instead of 3 and shes fine with it. shes 45 pounds

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our two are both 60lbs and they gat 1200mg twice a day.... best treat to use..... Lactose Free Vanilla Ice Cream. Our boy is allergic to all dairy and this does not bother his stomach at all

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Thre are Omega-3-6 supplements (chewables) available exclusively for Dogs online. I would not ever use human-grade preparations of fish oils for dogs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.