Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin and fur problem- what could this be?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Skin and fur problem- what could this be?

@desertskybulldogs, how are the pups doing?

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well, they are much better that is for sure. What happened with Yuna is that she blew her coat, but her coat now looks fabulous. She still has the scab on top of her head. I treated her with ivomectin, to be sure it was not mites or something else. No change. When Chip gets into town I will take her in to my other vet who is really good at dignosing skin scrapes. It does not seem to bother her- I wish I had a blacklight because that would tell me if it was a fungus or not. Geez at this rate maybe I should do vet school, it may save me $$$ LOL But other than the scab on her head- her coat looks gorgeous, no tear stains- ears look good, she looks a lot like her mum. She is such a pretty little girl.

Tidus's eye is all healed. But he did not seem to do well on the avoderm, so I switched to the fromm. Seems a bit better. I has also taken up permanant residency in a separated portion of the house because his mama is in heat. Now he seems to be doing better. He does not have tear stains- but loads of eye boogers and it is making dark circles around his eyes. His bed was under a ceiling fan and the a/c was blowing that direction, so I got to thinking maybe that is what is causing the boogers. He sure is growing- and starting to get broader! I am so excited to see him get older. He needs to be dried off after drinking I have learned cuz he has such a turkey neck that it was not drying and getting yeasty. Boy he is a mama's boy

Shortly after Tidus got the eye ulcer Queen Molly's eye got cloudy as well, and she got yeast in her nose rope again. I think the yeast is from trying TOTW, because it is going away with putting her back on Avoderm and using some Animax cream. I got the last tube of eye antibiotic from my vet, and treated her only twice before it went away, since I caught it as soon as it started I suppose that is why it did not take so long to heal.

Mandy is doing awesome, but she is still a sausage. She has not gotten any thinner- but I do blame this to being couped up in these hot summer days. Jesse is doing much better on Fromm and her 'leaky eye' does not water as much. Now if I could get these two to settle down and quit playing in the dirt when they are outside!!!! (and swallowing things!) They are still puppies really, I am sure they will be easier to handle when they are over the age of 2! I cannot keep their faces clean and they always have dirty noses. Mandy is so gorgeous, such a bulldog girl, so pretty with that all white coat- and Jesse is just- I dunno how to expain her- but there is not a person out there who would not fall in love with her. She is such a sweet thing.

Okay I am done bragging about my fur-kids.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Aww I'm so glad they are doing better! I enjoy seeing Yuna and Tidus grow and mature. Tidus is already looking like such a little man and Yuna is defintiely taking after her beautiful mama

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads