Is this worms?? (picture included)

JLiggons

Jul 30, 2011
Sorry for the gross picture but is this a worm?? My bulldog Pixel pooped and went to come back inside. I noticed this hanging out of her rear end and removed it. It's pretty big, about 6 inches long and pretty round. What on earth is it?

073011191010.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
YIKES !!! I never seen anything quite like that. Was it moving around or just hanging dead ? Almost looks like a piece of intestine lining. ???? I really don't know

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I'm clueless with this one. Any possibility it's something he ate? Not to sound gross but you could probably take it to the vet and have them check it. My brother had an issue w/ his dog and the vet asked him to bring it in.

OP
J

JLiggons

Jul 30, 2011
It was dead. I didn't mess with it too much but I prodded it a little (with a stick, of course!) and it didn't fall apart. I don't know what it is but that's pretty gross. I'll be taking her to the vet Monday for sure.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Did she perhaps eat a toy, sock, some of her bedding or something like that. It sort of looks to me like something along that line.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
looks like she ate something.... paper towel, or a sock? It is not worms.... they are very small and white. I work part-time at a dog daycare... nothing surprises me as to what comes out of our pups!!

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Maybe a mop string??

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Does she have a rope? I have no idea what that is....seems too big to be a worm!

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
definitely NOT a worm.... something she ate, I would say. My dogs love to get carpet strings from rugs and when they come out it look similar to that.

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
I would have the vet check it out it looks like a Flat Worm and you can find many images on line. It could be a something that Pixel ate, but I have seen worms just like that coming out of my Mothers dog as a pup. Our Baby has pooped out quite a few strange things including a hand from a super-man action figure she destroyed. If you can put it in a plastic bag and keep it cold it will help the vet out. Keep us posted I will be interested to see what the vet has to say.:confused:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would have the vet check it out it looks like a Flat Worm and you can find many images on line. It could be a something that Pixel ate, but I have seen worms just like that coming out of my Mothers dog as a pup. Our Baby has pooped out quite a few strange things including a hand from a super-man action figure she destroyed. If you can put it in a plastic bag and keep it cold it will help the vet out. Keep us posted I will be interested to see what the vet has to say.:confused:

I am curious as to what the vet might say as well.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Looks like maybe pixle ate something. I hope u find out what it is.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My Cutty is tissue obsessed and that is about what they look like. Not sure tho but could be that or strings from the toys also? I had to get rid of any toys with strings or ropes cuz of this. Hopefully that is all it is anyhow.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Mine have pooped out similar things- blanket and cardboard boxes were the culprits. Get some gloves on and rinse it off- break it apart. You may recognize it and save yourself a trip to the vet.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
It looks like one of those rawhide twists I "use" to feed my dogs. Sometimes they don't get digested and come out looking like that. One of my dogs use to eat the strings off those string tug toys and the strings would come out in his poop. That scared me and now they don't get those anymore. They only get deer antlers to chew and keep busy with. They lasted a little over a month and I just got some new ones today.

You'd be surprised the things they eat. I don't know how many times I've pulled things out of their mouths. Cell phones, remotes, laser toys, flashlights, batteries, staples from the furniture...I could go on. I have to stay on top of them all the time. Not so much now as I've moved everything up and they are older now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.