sarah is at the vets

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i got up with sarah today and she ate and went pp and as it was early bout 5am i went back to sleep. she came in and got in bed with me as usual but was very restless and itchy. i thought maybe her yeast was acting up and so i got her up and me and we went into living room and i turned her over and she has hives all over her tummy. I gave her a whole benadryl immediately and then in a short while more hives and her face started swelling around the mouth. i call vets and she will be there early so i go and i get there and the vet finally gets there and she gives her 2 shots. adrenaline and dexamethazone and gives me some stuff and says she should get better soon. almost out of gas so drive the short distance to gas station and she is no better. its been like 15 minutes since i left vet and she is not better. i drive back to vets and her face still swollen and her eyes swelling and she dont seem at all better. I had to leave her at vets as they were so busy and im a nervous wreck waiting to hear how she is. its the worst feeling in the world. im crying as i write this im so upset. vet dont know what happened maybe got stung or bit. i know logically that she will get more meds and should be fine but feeling wise im a mess. please pray she is ok. gosh i feel so helpless right now. cant even be with her to hold her and stroke her and tell her its ok.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh...I'm so sorry..I know you must be so worried. I wonder if it's an insect or something? I know she will be ok..so glad you found it quickly! :hug:..I hope you hear very soon and she is at the vets..that is where she will get the right help...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
How terriable! Please let us know when you do find out.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
please keep us updated as soon as you are able to! We are all concerned for your baby!

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
I would be crying my eyes out too.......she'll be OK....it's probably an insect bite, and you acted immediately which is great

MsMStinger

Feb 2, 2011
Meridian, ID
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Winston
I know exactly what you are going through! About two weeks ago I had to rush Mack to the vet because of the same thing. The waiting is the worst part but think positive and know she is in the best hands.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
So sorry...what a horrible thing to go through. I am glad that you got her a Benedryl and to the vet asap...keep us updated

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok got her home and she is ok the meds just needed more time to kick in i guess. vet did say her back leg lymph nodes were swollen so now i have to give her another round of antibiotics and she gave me some prednisone to give. Gosh i hope the swollen nodes dont mean anything. anyway her face is back to normal and all so just wanted to update everyone on her.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Great news!!!! ...Poor baby,,, prolly needs a lot of serious cuddling now. ;)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad she's doing better! I hope the lymph node swelling turns out to be nothing more than part of the rest of it, from whatever bit/stung her.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh! I know how you are feeling as we had the same exact thing with Gator last Saturday. Face swelling, hives all over his body, everything. We also took him immediately and had the shots. They went down and we were told to give him 2 benadryl every 8 hours (he weighs 50lbs) for the next few days. He is still getting a hive here or there a week later but when I see them, I give him a benadryl and they go away. We think it was from a bee sting or bug bite of some kind because it spread so quickly.

I know that panic! *hugs* to both of you!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad to hear she is doing better, it is a scary thing when your baby is sick. Thanks for the update and hope she keeps getting better.

L

Lucy-licious

So glad she is on her way to getting better :hug: to you both xx

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Really glad that you have her back at home with you. So sorry that you and her had to go through that. Hugs to you both!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.