cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thanks everyone for the well wishes and encouragment. sarah is much better this evening it was like 1pm before she would lay down and sleep. i wiped her with wet towel and put ice on her belly and she finally layed down to sleep. had to leave for a bit for a birthday party and she seemed like she would be fine so i went and now im back and she seems ok. kinda nervous bout feeding and pills now. i tell you a sick pet will turn you into the biggest baby. im not normally that shakable. but a swollen face and hives all over the body will do that i guess. anyway she is ok and thanks for much its just nice to hear all the well wishes and people who have been through what i have. im going to lay down and take a nap myself. im plumb wore out.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So glad to hear she is feeling better, it is very scarey when we don't know what is wrong and they can't tell us. Get a well deserved nap!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad to hear she is doing better, too scary when that happens. Enjoy your well deserved nap.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Good move on the fast action taken. Give yourself a pat on the back. Rest easy now.:whew:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Whew, what a relief! Get some rest and hopefully she will too.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well guess what woke up from nap and fed her and 15 minutes later swelling again in face. i had already given her the 1/2 prednisone the vet said to so i gave her another one as soon as i saw her itching and her face swelling again. 20 minutes later fast breathing hives. same thing again. gave her another 1/2 prednisone and waited for vet to call me back. she called and said to give her 2 benadryl. did this and some time later she wants to lay down and sleep but cant because her face itching to much so i put some hydrocortisone on her chin and underneath. wet towels on her the whole deal. she finally lay down after the hyrdrocortisone kick in i guess and she slept for a while and then she got up later and her face seemed like it wanted to swell again and she was breathing heavy and still had some welps and so i gave her another benadryl. she sleeping again omg what am i going to feed her now. what a day.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
the food. has to be. 2 times i fed it to her she reacted within 15 minutes. and i gave her some this afternoon just a tad as she threw up all her morning food and i swore she was swelling some then and said something to my friend but just thought it had not all gone down from the morning. gosh i wish id never give it to her again this evening. i did start feeding her other things to maybe help counteract the food in her tummy. chicken and such. well along with the meds i was feeding her to.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
That's what I was gunna suggest. Make plain chicken breast and some green beans. I sure hope she gets better

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! Wow..what a terrible experience..maybe give her the bland diet until her system gets better! So strange..wonder what's in there she's senstice too! Hope it's better by the time you read this!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I feel for you. I've been there. I've even cried at the vets. I'm still battling allergies with my Wilson. He just won't stop chewing his paws. I've got to find a cone large enough for his big head.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What food have you been feeding her? Did you change anything recently?

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
she is eating solid gold hundenflocken and has been for like 2 months. ive been noticing some things the last week or so with it but nothing like this. the only other thing that has changed is i bout a couple of small rugs for the living room and the laundry detergent i bout is seventh generation free and clear laundry detergent from kroger its green laundry detergent. im stumped she is still having some symptoms today even and ive been giving her benadryl which seems to help for a while. she is not as bad today so i dunno maybe it has to all clear from her system. why does this stuff have to happen on the weekend when the vet is closed and the nearest emergency vet is like 45 minutes away. crap.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.