Thread: Searching for experience with seizures after vomiting

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullet {booboo}
    Likes (Received)

Default Searching for experience with seizures after vomiting

Bullet scared me to death earlier as he apparently had something similar to a seizure. My daughter was home alone with him and said he threw up bit of yellowish fluid so she let him outside quickly and he gagged a bit and then she described it as he stood staring off past her and then fell over stiff and was kind of running. She said it didn't last but a minute or two and he got right up and came inside. I was close to home and came straight home to find him seeming fine. We are absolutely careful with the heat issue so that couldn't be related. He threw up about a week ago so I gave him jr. pepto and he seemed fine after that. The only thing I can think possibly (as I am almost home 24/7) is that he chews on twigs outside. I try to keep him out of them and he knows to 'drop them' when I'm around but if its cool out and the kids are outside he tries to hide and do it. His stool seems normal. Of course this happened after our vet closed tonight. I could take him to an ER vet but he is acting totally fine now.

I divided his dinner up with two feedings a couple hours apart and he has been normal as far as that goes too.

I am really looking for related experiences or suggestions. I pray this never happens again.
    Last edited by Momma2Bullet; 07-28-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Amy

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Searching for experience with seizures after vomiting

Hi! I'm so sorry..very scary..I haven't had this experience..but I have read about other bullies here having the exact same thing! I'm sure someone will weigh in..but you might do a search and find some good info in the meantime. These guys sure are tough nuts!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm wondering if it was a breathing issue? Orion fell over stiff one time....after throwing up. It was like she couldn't get enough air and passed out. She was real stiff. Once she fell over, a few seconds she was back up and being a brat. It's happened twice.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Oliver did that one time too after throwing up yellow bile. I was told that he probably stopped breathing while throwing up which caused him to "faint". His only lasted a second too, as soon as he hit the floor, he was up and running again. He's been fine ever since. Sebastian also did it last week after eating a raw chicken leg. I think he swallowed a little piece of the bone before he was ready to and by the time I got to him to put my fingers in his mouth to try to get it out, he was back up and fine too. Mine never had the seizures though, just passing out for a brief second before going back to normal.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm wondering if it was more "stuggling for air" verses a seizure.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Arwen Undomiel
    Likes (Received)

This sounds like something a past pug of ours had happen a couple of times. In that case, she had a neck injury that was disrupting control of her body. Maybe think back if Bullet had any hard falls/hits recently? Just thought I'd share that possibility.

Hope it never happens again!!!
    Last edited by VoicesInMyHead; 07-29-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Spelling sucks
    -The Voices

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...pic2793_11.gif

Just remember that 98.34% of all people will make up statistics 86.27% of the time that lean towards their own opinion by at least 51%. Of course I'm not 100% sure about that...

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

This happened to Gypsy too. She "passed out" and was kicking that came immediately after vomiting. As far as bile vomit is concerned, it can happen from an empty stomach and once they vomit, they feel lots better (getting rid of the excess bile). I would give smaller, more frequent meals for a while.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Buddy boy has done this also, I think it is the lack of air when they vomit, he has not passed out in a while though, it seemed to happen when he was younger, now he just throws up and on his merry way.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Remove Ads