Nails wearing down..

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
My bulldog Gucci's nails are wearing down and wondered if this is normal. Thought she was breaking them, but noticed today that she drags her feet. What to do...I'm a new owner and she is my first bullie!:D

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Don't worry. A lot of bullys do that. If you search "floppy feet" you will find a thread about it. I would post the link but I am on my nook.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] you know it! Gotta have your priorities streit. Lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My bulldog Gucci's nails are wearing down and wondered if this is normal. Thought she was breaking them, but noticed today that she drags her feet. What to do...I'm a new owner and she is my first bullie!:D

I don't see this as a bad thing at all. Trimming bully nails is no fun! One of mine does this and keeps her nails nice and short, I view it as a plus as long as there is no problems with hips/joints causing it.

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
Einstein drags his front feet too. At one time he wore them down so much they started bleeding. We asked the vet what we could do and he said either get him some shoes or walk him less on cement. Now we just alternate our walks between the sidewalk and the grass. Seems to help. Good luck!

OP
M

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
Thanks the help! I was just concerned and I appreciate the replies!:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.