I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Limping Puppy

Thank you, thank you for all the well wishes and compliments on Linus! He does have the cutest polka dotted ears (and tummy) - fitting since his biological momma's name was "Dotty!" He is a perfect mix between a bulldog and a pig - he even snorts before he gets his dinner. ( :

A little Truman update, he is doing okay. He is not putting any weight on the leg or showing any signs of improvement. I sent the x rays from the bulldog vet to the orthopedic surgeon and she did not see anything new she didn't see before...still no idea what is causing Truman THAT kind of pain. He is staying comfy and we're trying to get him to try to move around a little to see if he can put anything on it since a little functionality would go a long way at this point. We've made another appointment for Monday morning with the orthopedic surgeon. We know this is a very important appointment since there is concern regarding the development of his other bones and muscles since he can't walk.

So trying to stay positive...but it's hard.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

Just getting caught up here and all I can add is that you, your family and baby Truman are certainly in my prayers!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Lisa - I see you're from Buffalo, NY. Me too! I was born and lived in Kenmore for 23 years until I moved to go to grad school.

A bit of good news, Truman was much more mobile this evening than he's been since Saturday. He actually trotted (limping a bit) across the kitchen floor to the water bowl and to the door after he went to the bathroom.

I tried exercising him a bit in the pool today and also putting a heating pad on his hip, so maybe that helped a little...hoping for more improvement by Monday's return to the orthopedic surgeon.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

good to hear, hopefully everyday will be a little better!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    Thanks Lisa - I see you're from Buffalo, NY. Me too! I was born and lived in Kenmore for 23 years until I moved to go to grad school.

A bit of good news, Truman was much more mobile this evening than he's been since Saturday. He actually trotted (limping a bit) across the kitchen floor to the water bowl and to the door after he went to the bathroom.

I tried exercising him a bit in the pool today and also putting a heating pad on his hip, so maybe that helped a little...hoping for more improvement by Monday's return to the orthopedic surgeon.
    So happy he's doing a bit better! Kenmore?!.. small world! I think I am one of the few "east coasters" on here.. LOL

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

did they x ray his paw too?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

They did not x ray the paw - just the pelvis and legs. They did physically check his paw without any sign of pain.

He's doing good again today. We took him off the anti-inflammatory and he's playing and walking and running - all with a limp and he sits when he's one spot for more than a few seconds - but he's looking a lot better.

We're going to call the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and let them know about his progress and see if we should wait a few days or come in tomorrow as planned.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

More good news on Truman...he made such great strides over the weekend that the orthopedic surgeon recommended to give it another week to see if he improves even more. He's still limping and his hind legs seem weak but he's walking, running, playing and being a little trouble maker! All good signs.

Thanks again for all the support!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

great news!!!!!!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

That is wondeful news, I have had my fingers crossed for you guys and hopefully he will keep improving as he is. He can be the miracle that proves the other drs wrong.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

YAY, I am definitely praying for Truman to be a miracle pup! Glad to hear things are looking up!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

A quick update on Truman. He's still getting around but still showing signs of a weak hip/leg. He was doing better and I could almost not detect a limp but then he must have tweaked it again or something and the limp is more pronounced the past few days. I am taking him to see the orthopedic surgeon on Monday to get another x ray - now that he's 15 weeks and it has been a while, they should be able to tell more about what is going on with him and whether or not he will need JPS surgery, if it is a hip dysplasia problem. (Here's a description of JPS, if you're interested: http://vetsurgerycentral.com/jps.htm )

I also notice he sits really funny. I need to get a pic of it but he sits with both back legs almost totally behind him, kind of like he's doing yoga. Does anyone know if that is typical for a younger puppy? It's very bizarre to me and I am wondering if it's another symptom of hip dysplasia or just something pups with loose joints do?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads