Lily has a bleeding spot on her chin

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
Today, it was extremely hot here so I was wiping Lily down with a cold facecloth to help cool her down and I saw a bit of blood on the cloth.... she has a small bleeding spot on her chin... Should I be worried, is it possible she scratched it on something outside or could it be from the heat? It's not bleeding a lot and it doesn't seem to be bothering her. Any ideas?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Bully chins are exposed almost as much as their feet. Wet faces after drinking can cause this, almost anything really. All of my bullies have had bumps on their chins at one time or another. It occurs mostly in the summer time. Don't panic.

mosca72

Jul 15, 2011
New Westminster BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Besito
Yes do not panic is normal. To help with get some 3M Cavilon that's what we use on Besitos
32627b37-9c4b-1e2e.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, not to worry, may have scratched it or rub it on something.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Desitin ointment.................. its quite common in bullies

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
it happens on occasion with mine. i try to keep my boy's chin patted dry when he drinks/eats. just today i had to wash my bedding because he was begging to get up on my bed to take a nap with me...his chin rubbed along the side of my bed. :blink:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
when annie plays with the tennis ball she gets full of then,they are always rubbing their chins on the ground a bit of nappy rash cream will sort it,karen

OP
Polly

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
thanks... I feel better now.... it's much better now!

BullyB

Sep 23, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno and Bunker
Yep...this happens from time to time with both of my bullies. Could be a scratch, or even a pimple or something. My older bully actually gets acne looking bumps on his chin and jowels from time to time...the vet gave us some ointment to put on it and that has helped. Nothing to worry about!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online