Thread: Puppy with Allergies in hot Texas!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey
    Likes (Received)

Default Puppy with Allergies in hot Texas!

Hi everyone. My brother and sisterin-law are proud owners of a new english bulldog baby named Jersey! She has a senstative stomach and very bad allergies. I am sure some of it is the heat but mostly the food, Nutro. I am trying to inform them that maybe corn or grain is the issue.

Any advice??? I have told them about Fromms and Nature's Logic Pet Food. But maybe there is another alternative that may help and be easier to get.

Thanks!!!!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Puppy with Allergies in hot Texas!

So was it because of Bailey that they got an eb for themselves? lol. Pls tell them congrats on their new addition for all of us here!

Some members feed NVI or Avoderm. Maybe have one of those two a go? If not, Petflow is highly recommend here. Those who have tried them find their prices cheaper plus the free delivery make it convenient.

Switching to a high quality food is the first step - Duke has shown marked improvement on NVI grain free salmon - he is allergic to poultry and wheat along with a host of other environmental allergies. Wiping Jersey's legs and paws with a wet wipe after being outdoors and frequent baths might also help. Duke has been taking allergy injections for over two years, but changing from prescription food has made a striking difference the last few months.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno and Bunker
    Likes (Received)

We had Bruno on Nutro for a while...we were trying everything. Nutro was horrible....it made him throw up every night. We were told that Nutro actually recently changed their recipe for their dog food, and it has been making a lot of dogs sick. We have both of our dogs on Fromm. Bruno eats Fromm Salmon a la Veg (he is allergic to every other protein) and Bunker is on Fromm Chicken (he is allergic to Salmon...figures). Both dogs do really well with Fromm. I am having trouble getting Bruno to gain weight though. He is gonna be 2 in November, and only weighs 40 pounds....he looks and acts healthy, except you can see his ribs and spine a little bit...I am not sure what's causing this. He has a very sensitive tummy too, so we hate to experiment with food with him.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys! I am going to visit them soon and will work with them to change the new puppy's food

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well petco has natural balance which has limited ingredient formulas and avoderm as well. sarah is doing very well so far on solid gold also at petco. Merrick makes a highly rated puppy plate of course nvi and their prairie version also and fromm but was just giving other suggestions also.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 07-26-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Remove Ads