Puppy with Allergies in hot Texas!

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Hi everyone. My brother and sisterin-law are proud owners of a new english bulldog baby named Jersey! She has a senstative stomach and very bad allergies. I am sure some of it is the heat but mostly the food, Nutro. I am trying to inform them that maybe corn or grain is the issue.

Any advice??? I have told them about Fromms and Nature's Logic Pet Food. But maybe there is another alternative that may help and be easier to get.

Thanks!!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So was it because of Bailey that they got an eb for themselves? lol. Pls tell them congrats on their new addition for all of us here!

Some members feed NVI or Avoderm. Maybe have one of those two a go? If not, Petflow is highly recommend here. Those who have tried them find their prices cheaper plus the free delivery make it convenient.

conwyatt

Mar 1, 2010
Switching to a high quality food is the first step - Duke has shown marked improvement on NVI grain free salmon - he is allergic to poultry and wheat along with a host of other environmental allergies. Wiping Jersey's legs and paws with a wet wipe after being outdoors and frequent baths might also help. Duke has been taking allergy injections for over two years, but changing from prescription food has made a striking difference the last few months.

BullyB

Sep 23, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno and Bunker
We had Bruno on Nutro for a while...we were trying everything. Nutro was horrible....it made him throw up every night. We were told that Nutro actually recently changed their recipe for their dog food, and it has been making a lot of dogs sick. We have both of our dogs on Fromm. Bruno eats Fromm Salmon a la Veg (he is allergic to every other protein) and Bunker is on Fromm Chicken (he is allergic to Salmon...figures). Both dogs do really well with Fromm. I am having trouble getting Bruno to gain weight though. He is gonna be 2 in November, and only weighs 40 pounds....he looks and acts healthy, except you can see his ribs and spine a little bit...I am not sure what's causing this. He has a very sensitive tummy too, so we hate to experiment with food with him.

OP
Lkane0322

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Thanks guys! I am going to visit them soon and will work with them to change the new puppy's food :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well petco has natural balance which has limited ingredient formulas and avoderm as well. sarah is doing very well so far on solid gold also at petco. Merrick makes a highly rated puppy plate of course nvi and their prairie version also and fromm but was just giving other suggestions also.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.