Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I finally caved and took Delilah to the vet, since she was still itching like crazy and rubbing her face up against the furniture; despite the fact that I've been using the Malacetic wipes on her, patting it dry, and using panalog cream and gold bond.

The vet found boat loads of yeast in her wrinkles..especially the nose rope. I feel bad for making her wait it out that long..but I didn't really think it was yeast.

The vet said that the horrible heat we've been having probably just made it get a lot worse that much quicker..it's been heat index of about 110 the last few days. :( Too dang hot!

So, she's on an anti-fungal medication and anti-fungal wipes for 3 weeks, both 2x a day. She HATES the wipes. She already itches and those make her burn. Poor Delilah.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Didn't you also change food recently? This could also contribute to the problem. The panalog in the nose rope should do the trick. It is an antifungal creme!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Yes, fairly recently..she's been on it for like a month now, though. She had this problem going on before the food unfortunately. I put it off too long.

The vet told me not to use any of the Panalog cream until it's cleared up because it might make it worse?? Ahh wth..

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I always keep on hand yeast infection cream for women just for Norm; whenever Norm's nose rope/wrinkles smell or itch, I use it. It has always worked like a charm for us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.