Gypsy has Demodex Mange

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I hope the ointment works. Einstein had demodectic mange when he was a puppy, but he was on Promaris. It made him so sick. So glad he's done with that. But I'm a little concerned because he has a very small patch behind his ear where he's lost hair. Not sure if he was just itching his ear too much. Good luck!

That is how Gypsys started. With a small spot behind the ear. A week later we noticed another one on her neck and knew it was time for a vet trip.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Hope of all clears up with the ointment. And I'm Vlglad it.was.caujt before it got worse hugs to gypsy from violet and me

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well no mange or ring worm just good old contact allergy ahhhhh!lol,karen

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] isn't that FRUSTRATING!!! I told the vet that I was so glad it was not some mystery skin affliction because at least we know how to treat it. Keep us posted on what is going on.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I've noticed some marks in the back of violets head I'm hoping its just allergy ill first d out when I take her to get her rabies shot

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
Food for thought...a little yogurt goes a long way to keep a Bullie's immune system up to par! Our Punkie Brewster had Demodex when we got her. Our vet put her on the oral med for Demodex and Fortiflora to boost her immune system. I give my babies two tablespoons of plain, unflavored yogurt each day...it's also good for their digestion. With Bulldogs a little prevention is worth a pound of cure...LOL!!

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2728]Donna LeBlanc[/MENTION] thanks for the tip! I will consider it :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie gets a laaaaarge tablespoon of yogurt at least once a day. We feel it helps her digestive system.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i know i was wishing it was mange then at least she would be sorted,ive started her on cocanut oil topicaly and orally she loves the stuff,this morning after applying it last night this morning her belly and pits are not as red ,ive read great things about the healing powers of cocanut oil,also im giving her,zinc,dandelion,primrose oil,echenacea,all to support her immune system,im even considering breast milk,dont laugh or think im mad but breast milk contains luric acid which babies need for the immune system,now you may think its perhaps a step too far but its worth a try ,i know that if i can get her immune system back to full throttle lol then she will be able to handle this allergy,will keep you posted thats if i dont end up in custody first lol,karen

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
i know i was wishing it was mange then at least she would be sorted,ive started her on cocanut oil topicaly and orally she loves the stuff,this morning after applying it last night this morning her belly and pits are not as red ,ive read great things about the healing powers of cocanut oil,also im giving her,zinc,dandelion,primrose oil,echenacea,all to support her immune system,im even considering breast milk,dont laugh or think im mad but breast milk contains luric acid which babies need for the immune system,now you may think its perhaps a step too far but its worth a try ,i know that if i can get her immune system back to full throttle lol then she will be able to handle this allergy,will keep you posted thats if i dont end up in custody first lol,karen

Hmmm breastmilk for the dogs. I breastfeed my 5month old I have some frozen milk I should try it on violet. If it works guess I can bump up my pumping haha

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]...can you post photos? I think it will come in handy down the road when others are wondering what the start of mange looks like.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Brooklyn also has demodex mange and has been on the oral treatment for almost a month now, we'll be taking her in soon for a scraping to see how she is doing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online