bump with hole in it

wicked4life

Jul 9, 2011
Hi we rescued a bulldog about a week ago, found a lump on his hind quarters which I thought was a cyst, about the size of a quarter and we were able to move it around. We brought him to the vet for a heartworm test and the vet looked at the bump and thought the same thing that it was possibly a cyst. Today I shaved the area and discovered a hole with hair growing out of it, I pulled the hair out and noticed a very small amount of puss, anyone ever seen anything like this. We just got back from the vet, he said possibly a dermoid? Any thoughts? thanks

Attachments

• dog 009.jpg
    dog 009.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 104

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have no idea, but I am sure someone will, did your vet do a scraping of it?

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Hmmm... That wierd. I am sure someone here will be able to help you. You definately came to the right place.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Looks like he got hurt and then it got infected. Especially since you said that there was puss. I don't know but it might be a good idea to go to the vet. If it is an abscess, your baby can get REALLY sick REALLY FAST.

OP
W

wicked4life

Jul 9, 2011
Hey KMARINO, the vet did not do a scraping, just looked at it, not even sure if there was puss at the hole, after I plucked all the hair, I saw a tiny bit of white like the size of a pin head, thats all that came out, as for ingrown hair I did consider that, but I'm thinking otherwise due to the size of the hole and amount of normal looking hairs that were plucked from inside of the hole. The vet said to keep an eye on it and if need be they could surgically remove it and possibly have a biopsy done, we are still debating on whether or not to neuter this 3 year old male, if we do thats when the removal of the lump would occur. I am applying fucidin an antibiotic for a couple days to see if it has any effect. I do appreciate you guys posting, thanks

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I have no idea what that is but just wanted to stop and say I hope the vet and you figure out what it is soon.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
My Shihtzu had that. He had a lump on the top part of his neck. We noticed it one day and planned on going to a vet to have it looked at. Well I kept playing with it and it burst in my hand. No stink or anything.
I called the vet to tell him and he told me to clean it out with peroxide and just watch it for the next two days, and if it did not seem like it was irritated or infected that it was probably a small cyst or infected hair follicle, and that a visit would not be needed. The hole it left behind was much larger than the picture you posted, but it cleared up right away.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I had no idea what a Dermoid was so I googled it. It does seem to match what you described, and it's a cyst which is benign. I would just keep an eye on it and it sounds as if it should just clear up on it's own!!!! Got my fingers crossed for you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.