Grass rash

Aspen530

Jul 11, 2011
Hi I have a 3 month old, marley... She seems to be having a slight allergic reaction to the grass in my back yard exspecially when it's wet...I wipe her down when she comes in to try n stop but it, but I'm just nervous she's always gonna get it. It would be very sad if she couldn't play in grass :(

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Have you tried giving her any Benadryl to see if that helps? It is dosed at 1 per 25 pounds.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Or maybe making her wear a shirt when she's playing in that area.

To add to [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]'s advice, it should be the regular benadryl where it comes in 25mg pills.

OP
Aspen530

Aspen530

Jul 11, 2011
Thanks! I've given her baby benadryl 1 cc, shes only 13 lbs right now... The shirt idea is a good one... The rash doesn't seem to affect her, but I still feel awful if she's uncomfortable, I try to whip her down w hypo allergenic baby wipes on the way in. It seems to be improving but do u think I should get her allergy tested??

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sorry I missed that this was your first post... Welcome to EBN!! Its a great site for info on Bullies and just hanging out with other bully owners. Feel free to join in. Glad you joined BUT::pics: ;)

L

Lucy-licious

Hi :welcome: I can't give advise regarding allergies but just wanted to say hello :)
I'm not sure about posting pics from an iPhone does tapatalk let you post pics to forums?
Might be worth trying :) we love pics and puppies :)

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Hi :welcome: I can't give advise regarding allergies but just wanted to say hello :)
I'm not sure about posting pics from an iPhone does tapatalk let you post pics to forums?
Might be worth trying :) we love pics and puppies :)

First off welcome you will have a. Blast on here! Second u sure can post pics using tapatalk I do it all the time ;) just can't seem to fix my avitar were.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

OP
Aspen530

Aspen530

Jul 11, 2011
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310406294.663935.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310406201.083472.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310406201.083472.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 158
OP
Aspen530

Aspen530

Jul 11, 2011
Figured out how to get pics thanks so much for any advice u can give me... It was much redder before but I've been keeping an eye on it

HeatherM2

Jul 11, 2011
I have a three year old English Bulldog and he has gotten rashes from grass, especially if it is wet, on his belly since he was a puppy. The vet said not to worry about it since it goes away within a few days. If it gets bad we put triple antibiotic and it goes right away. We just buy it from CVS now... we bought a "cream" from the vet at first for over $20 and it was the same exact thing as triple anti that you can get for about $3!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
looks like some kind of contact allergy,dont waste money on allergy testing yet as they result in a lot of false positives,if she starts scratching pop a tshirt on her to prevent any secondary infection,if she has any open wounds put a nappy rash cream on her,keep her off the grass for a week to see if its the grass thats affecting her ,if it is contact allergy then start eliminating things such as rugs,bedding ,washing powders anything that she comes into contact with,use antihistamines,and supplement with omega or flaxseed ,its a minefield trying to find out what a dog is allergic to and try not too stress like i did,ive come to realise that all we can do is maintain not cure!!,i give my dog a tennis ball ,when she has the ball she forgets to scratch ,good luck,karen

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
When lex is outside playing and especially when I water the yard lex will get them on his tummy. They look worse than what it really is. I don't think he even knows he gets them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.