Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am giggling a bit over here... those tear stains are very minimal, so minimal in fact, I am thinking I better do some bully face wipes over here! :p

Seriously tho, those are very light, and nothing to worry about. How old is Roxi now? She may have some small stains as an adult if her eyes water a lot, and it is very common for bullies during allergy season to have some staining. To try to rid of stains, keep them dry is the best way. I find paper towels work great, just dry paper towels. They absorb so much moisture. ......and you can do peroxide mixed with cornstarch, but HONESTLY since they are very minimal and so close to the eye I would not bother. More than likely she will have them during an allergy season and they will fade for the rest of the year.

Now, about the nose rope, that does look like it could be a bit of yeast. If it gets worse, ask your vet for some panalog (or similar) ointment to treat that area. You can also wipe it with 1/4 vinegar and 3/4 water.

I also did the 1/4 vinegar 3/4 water rinse after Molly's bath last week because she was incredibly yeasty everywhere (tummy, feet, ears, noserope), and she is all better now. That had been going on for 2 months so I recommend that as well.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
......and you can do peroxide mixed with cornstarch,

How do you mix this? Violets is getting pretty bad :(
Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't have measurements exactly but it should be about 2T of starch and a bit of peroxide, it should look like liquid but when you try to move it with your fingers it is thick like paste. When you stir with a fork it should not be easy to mix.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I don't have measurements exactly but it should be about 2T of starch and a bit of peroxide, it should look like liquid but when you try to move it with your fingers it is thick like paste. When you stir with a fork it should not be easy to mix.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
wouldnt some mal-a-ket wipes work for this also? then dry the area after wiping or put some powder on it. just throwing that out there for the experts cause sarah doesnt have nose rope issues unless i give her the wrong food. I also do the water and vinegar mix in a spray bottle for sarahs back and tailpocket issues. 70 water/30 vinegar. I dont do 50/50 cause it seemed to strong for her.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes my vet told me 50/50 as well. The other suggestions are good too!

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Thank you [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]. Roxi turned one on June 28th. The staining to me seems like a lot because she has never had any before.

I was checking her over this morning after church and now her paws are yeasty as well and face is worse. I am going to give her a bath with the hydra pearls shampoo the vet gave me and then wash her feet and girly area with the water vinegar solution.

Her tail pocket is also starting to concern me so I bought some hibiclens (read a thread about tail pocket cleaning and using this). What should I do about her face (eye wrinkles and nose area) though? I dont want this to keep getting worse.

About a year ago my sisters Boston/fox terrier had a skin fungus and the vet gave her some malaseb shampoo. Should I try this? Maybe put a tiny bit on a wet wash cloth and then carefully wipe her wrinkles?

Oh and another question. Mineral oil for her eyes when bathing with stronger smelling stuff? Like the kind used as a laxative? Just wondering.

Thank you all again for your help!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
or order some blueberry scrub from carolina pet pantry :).... we use benedryl for his allergies, a full tablet.

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Her hives are horrible today! :shout:

She is running around like a crazy animal...which would be funny any other day but I know she is miserable.

Gave her a bath yesterday with the hydra pearls shampoo the vet suggested and the used a vinegar and water solution to wipe her down in the yeasty areas.
They seem a little and I mean little better today. The hives are bothering her so much today though.

I went to the store last night to buy a big bottle of vinegar and some wash cloths and ended up buying some baby socks as well :D! I have been putting them on her feet when she goes out to potty....
It is freaking hilarious watching her walk in them :LMAO:but I am so desperate I am willing to try anything because I know she is miserable.
But these hives have got to go! I gave her 4mg chlorpheniramine this morning and would normally give her 25mg of benadryl around 5-6 pm but she was itching so bad I gave it to her at 3:50.

My poor baby! :ashamed:
IMG_0892[1].jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
how many hives does she have. Sarah will get one or maybe two when the air is real bad. I would maybe be wondering if its the food. I was also wondering why chlorpheneramine in the am and benadry in the pm? drowsiness? I tried chlorpheneramine with sarah and either it wasnt working at all or it was making her much worse. I give her strickly benadryl now and she is better than on the chlorpheneramine. Is she worse in the am with that or the pm with the benadryl. or is it the same all the time? just trying to help figure this out as i know how frustrating it is.

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] the store I get her food from actually carries that so I will have to try some!
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] She is on natures logic and has been for about 7 months now. The hives are all down the left side of her body and her neck and back. Maybe one or two on her right side but there are at least 20+ on the left side.
It was suggested by the vet to try one in the morning and the other in the evening.
I called the vet this afternoon. He suggested I try zyrtec for about a week and if no improvement is seen we will discuss other options (no steriods though) It's just so frustrating.

Have any of you given zyrtec? Dosage? Results?
What else have y'all done for your bullies with allergies medicine, prescription and non prescription?

Last edited:

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] the store I get her food from actually carries that so I will have to try some!
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] She is on natures logic and has been for about 7 months now. The hives are all down the left side of her body and her neck and back. Maybe one or two on her right side but there are at least 20+ on the left side.
It was suggested by the vet to try one in the morning and the other in the evening.
I called the vet this afternoon. He suggested I try zyrtec for about a week and if no improvement is seen we will discuss other options (no steriods though) It's just so frustrating.

Have any of you given zyrtec? Dosage? Results?
What else have y'all done for your bullies with allergies medicine, prescription and non prescription?

Hmmm is the benedryl not working? I give violet a whole one at night and when she wakes she looks good I give her only a half in the am. I feel so bad for your baby. I really hope she gets better soon

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.