blood from his butt???

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
hey guys

recently, adding little bit of wellness ocean formula to the fromm beef and veg for dukey's diet (trying to find the right food for him)

sometimes when i wipe his butt after he poop, i would find some blood on the tissue.

sometimes i do get some blood sometimes i don't

did anybody have this problem before??

hopefully it's nothing serious??

his poop is not bloody though, didn't look very carefully but
not a runny or loose stools

but when i wipe his butt after he poops, sometimes i get some blood on it?! :blink:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]. My first thought was hemorrhoids but when it comes to blood from any source, especially the rectum area, you want to be on the safe side and have him checked out. It may be that he's straining when he's going and that's why your noticing the blood...but a vet visit is the best thing!

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
checked again this morning

there's no blood in his poop def not, but again there is some blood on the tissue after wiping.

i'm calling my doctor rite now

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
checked again this morning

there's no blood in his poop def not, but again there is some blood on the tissue after wiping.

i'm calling my doctor rite now

I think calling your vet is best in this situation.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
sometimes when changing foods this happens,even if the poop is runny but more so when constipated,i would leave him for a few days to see if it settles ,unless hes poorly of course,karen

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
Hey guys
Talked to my doctor, and he said if the blood is a little smudge on the tissue, it could be a tear

sometimes when it gets dry and hot, the skin could tear while he is trying to release himself.

told me to massage the area with warm towel and apply some aloe vera about twice a day.

so treated him little yesterday, and no blood at all today?

go figure.. still trying to find the right food for my doggie..errrrr

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use baby wipes on ours and no problems. Maybe softer or less irritating? Also good luck with the food, it's a trial and error thing to find the right one that they will eat and also will not cause allergies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.