Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there! Welcome! For tear stains, the first thing is to get on a grain free diet. What are you feeding your baby?

OP
C

crystalandjustin

Jul 10, 2010
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Nutro max puppy. The previous owner fed him some cheap Purina dog food....so that could be why he has those stains.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would start by giving him a grain free diet, like avoderm or Fromm, and get some mal-a-ket wipes. Wipe face and wrinkles daily. Unfortunately nutro-max is not great either, but not as bad as purina...:eek:

We have lots of discussions on dog food and wrinkle care on here, snoop around a bit and you will be shocked at what you will learn :)

Glad you joined us, your bully is adore a bull!!!

debstarr

Jul 11, 2010
hello - I am new too and 2 days ago I purchased my first bully - I dont have pics loaded yet but his name is Diesel (or chunky monkey) and my name is deb - I am so a newbie any help is welcomed -- deb

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Hellooo Welcome debstarr && Crystalandjustin!! :)

I would deff try changing your bullys food like desertsky had suggested. I know that Royal Canin is another good one or we use Blue Buffalo for our two bullys :)

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
we use avoderm and still have the stains :eek: I think in some dogs, it's just going to be there no matter what you do. Honestly, I think we've done it all :( But oh well..we still love him! and.. WELCOME..you will love it here and all the helpful people!!!!

OP
C

crystalandjustin

Jul 10, 2010
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
I have noticed, unfortunately, that Louie is discomforted when I clean his wrinkles. Like I said before, I don't think his previous owners took very good care of him. His skin is red underneath the hair. Is there anything I should know? I don't want to hurt him!! I got him some special wipes especially for wrinkles I hope that helps!

OP
C

crystalandjustin

Jul 10, 2010
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Thanks for the advice Lisa! I appreciate it all! My husband grew up with bullys but doesnt have much advice or cant remember these important details.

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Welcome. I have a seven month bully. We use angel eyes in his food. He was on purina puppy chow from 10 weeks till about when he was 6 months. He was having alot of skin issues so we changed him to royal cabin. His skin is back to normal and is doing great. We also give him filtered water and I heard that helps too. I wipe spikes face two or three times a day. I also use Vaseline on his tear stains to keep them dry. Good luck. And congrats on ur new bully u will find urself falling in love soon. ;) everyone on here is VERY helpful.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome CrystalandJustin and debstarr this site is great! I dont really need to chime in I think you got all the help you need on the wrinkle care issue. ;) As for the cat I have none so have no help there either but I am sure someone here may be able to help you on that. Feel free to ask any questions here, everyone is very helpful!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.