How long till a reaction

tpf0612

Jun 23, 2011
Salado, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
Ok... my husband and I found out that the food we were feeding our bully was NOT good for him, so we changed it to a (I believe) 5 star dogfood. Of course he had the itchy, flakie skin, eye boogers, itchy paws etc... so my question is... how long does in normally take to see changes in their health? We have only had him on the new food for about 5 days.

Thanks for the info y'all :)

buddy

Jun 29, 2011
sorry i cant help but i was curious.. what food were you feeding him before the switch?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
good that you swtiched over. Hopefully you switched over slowly? If not, don't go back and swtich again.
Swtiching dog food needs to take place over a period of days to avoid causing digestive problems. Check out other posts here about that.
As for the results of changing, that will take time. Be mindful of changes in stool first for any other problems. Along with stiching over to a premium dogfood, there are still other concerns that might also be causing problems. For now, mild shampoos and hot spot products will help.

Are you using a metal bowl? Washing often?

it does take time to get skin and coat back in shape, just be patient and keep track of what changes you make and the results. Start a journal.

Good Day~

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
ABEBD; said:
Are you using a metal bowl?

Good Day~
I use a metal bowl for violets water a plastic bowl for her food. Should I change it to a metal food bowl?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
we switched Duke to NVI beef formula.. I would say we really began to see improvement in 5-6 weeks. he even looks better ( his build ).. and no more ear gunk! in the beginning he had to adjust and had soft poo for a while.. now he is fine.. its been about 10 weeks. hope this helps!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Metal bowls are best for water and food. Easier to clean, no allergic to metal !

Good Day~

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson had a bad reaction to a new food recently and it took over a month for him to get back to himself. I would say it could take 1-2 months for you to see noticable results, it's definitely not a quick thing.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
When I switched Vegas from the crappy Iams I was feeding him over a year ago, he had bad yeast, ear infections and stunk so bad he even had open sores! I switched him to a grain/gluten free NVI Salmon, I noticed within 5 weeks! No smell, soft skin, no ear infections, no sores, and no yeast!! It is amazing what a good food can do for your babies!!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
How can I tell if violet has a yeast problem her eyes are tear staining so bad

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
How can I tell if violet has a yeast problem her eyes are tear staining so bad

if they are staining I wouldn't think that is yeast.. usually yeast problems cause ear infections and swollen paws.. but I could be wrong.. the tear staining is from her eye running.. is it is clear ?( basically wet ) try to keep them dry and also search on here lots of good tips for this .. but if they are gunking ( mucus is yellow or green ) that is a sign of infection..

hope I didn't confuse you. :)

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Nope u didn't confuse me lol. Her poor eyes are wet all day I held her down last night and tried to give her face a good wipe down but it didn't look like I did anything. Thanks tho I feel better

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.