Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
There are times when I hear MAXIMUS gurgling . . . . I also hear my PUG doing the same thing, like their is a massive amount of phlegm and secretions stuck in the back of the throat that they can not
expel or swallow. Is there anything I can do to help them clear this phlegm out of their throats ????
It sounds horrible !

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I don't know what this could be, did they just drink a lot of water beforehand? You could try a bulb syringe to suck out the troat and see how much is there? If it is a huge amount you could talk to your vet about it. Could just be over playing too hard or drinking a lot. I hope it is not more than that.

silfida

Apr 1, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulldog(s) Names
Alexander & Moira
My male had the same before elongated soft palate surgery. I know only one way to help him. Try with your hand gently to touch his palate in his mouth and make him vomit the phlegm. Nothing else helps in this case. It happens usually when Alex overheating after play or the weather was too hot. After the surgery last 2 months it happened only one time when we was in the park with other bulldogs and he was very exited.
Ask your vet about it. I'm sure that he knows more then me but I just remember how scared I was first time it happened to my dog.:)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.