Bulldog Veterinarians in Phoenix Area??

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
So my boyfriend && I moved up to the Phoenix Area from Texas a little under a year ago. It turns out one of our neighbors is a Veterinarian. So we would take our Bully to him whenever he got sick. But after the last few times Chelios has gotten sick our neighbor wasn't very informative. I honestly don't think our neighbor knows much about the bully breed && all. Don't get me wrong he's a great, nice vet but not for bullys.? :/ So i'm wondering if anyone knows or takes their bully to a good Bulldog Vet here in the phoenix Area! Would greatly appreciate any info I could get. I don't know any other bully owners here. :eek:

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Squaw Peak is supposed to be the BEST up there I have heard from many people.

Rdg7359

Dec 16, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Clapton
I am looking for a recommended vet that specializes or is familiar with the bulldog breed.

I recently had my last bulldog, Old English Bulldog, pass away last April and I am just now at the point of getting a new bulldog. He is coming home on Feb. 1 and I need to get him to a vet within the first 48 hours of his arrival. I don't want to go back to my last vet for a number of reasons. I would like a fresh start and am looking for recommendations.

Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
did you check the vet recommendation list here on the site?

Rdg7359

Dec 16, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Clapton
No I didn't until just now, Thanks.

These are the closest to me. Do you have any experience with any of these vets?
White Tanks Animal Hospital

Dr. Rollins & Dr. Satkus

Surprise, AZ

623-537-5559

Westridge Animal Hospital

Dr. Peterson

Phoenix, AZ 85033

623-846-5635

Ingelside Vet Services LLC

Dr. Serbin

Phoenix, AZ 85018

(602) 840-3446

Squaw Peak Animal Hospital

3141 E Lincoln Dr

Phoenix, AZ 85016

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No I didn't until just now, Thanks. These are the closest to me. Do you have any experience with any of these vets?
Squaw Peak Animal Hospital 3141 E Lincoln Dr Phoenix, AZ 85016

I live on the east coast, but [MENTION=1]Bulldogg[/MENTION] stated Squaw Peak had good reports

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I am looking for a recommended vet that specializes or is familiar with the bulldog breed.

I recently had my last bulldog, Old English Bulldog, pass away last April and I am just now at the point of getting a new bulldog. He is coming home on Feb. 1 and I need to get him to a vet within the first 48 hours of his arrival. I don't want to go back to my last vet for a number of reasons. I would like a fresh start and am looking for recommendations.

Thanks

Approximately where do you live?

louisv

Aug 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Louis V and Valentino
Anymore recommendations in Phoenix? We have had our bully for 2 weeks, he came to us really sick so I took him to our vet who treats out lab. But she doesn't seem very bully knowledgable and would like to switch him over to a vet who is familiar with bullies.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Anymore recommendations in Phoenix? We have had our bully for 2 weeks, he came to us really sick so I took him to our vet who treats out lab. But she doesn't seem very bully knowledgable and would like to switch him over to a vet who is familiar with bullies.

What part of the valley do you live in?

louisv

Aug 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Louis V and Valentino
Ahwatukee but don't mind a drive for a good vet. I am leaning towards Alma School, good reports.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ahwatukee but don't mind a drive for a good vet. I am leaning towards Alma School, good reports.

I took my bullies there once and was unimpressed. I say this because I felt the clinic's technology wasn't as good as others and, when faced with a serious issue with one of my bullies with hip dyplasia, their recommendation was to put him down at 10 weeks of age. I took him elsewhere and, after a moderately expensive surgery, I have a healthy, happy 3 year old bully.

This might sound completely crazy, but I've had great luck at Banfield Pet Hospital. YES, it's part of Petsmart but I have found a really good doctor, who is very good with my bullies - Dr. Darren Wright at the Stapley location in Mesa, 85204.

This is the thread I just wrote about our experience with our vet, in the wake of my bulldog Linus' recent death. Our doctor cared for him so well in life, and in death, which you would not necessarily expect at a Banfield Clinic.

Also, the benefit of Banfield is also they have a decent Wellness plan that you can take advantage of that gives you options for semi-annual wellness exams, free spay or neuter AND access to other Banfields, in the case the one you are trying to visit is booked. Their hours are also pretty flexible for a vet (they have Saturday and Sunday appointments) so it's usually not a hassle if you need a last minute appointment.

Anyway, if you decide to try Dr. Wright, be sure to tell him Linus and Truman's mom sent you...he will know who you are talking about! :)

By the way, Louis is adorable!

louisv

Aug 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Louis V and Valentino
Thank you for the great tip. I will give Banfield a try and 100% tell them you sent us. They were second on my list. We take our lab to their Ahwatukee location and already have Louis V signed up on their puppy plan. Our lab has been on their wellness plan for 4 years but at my location the vet almost seemed nervous by Louis V. I am pretty sure I can use his puppy plan at any of their locations. In the first couple of weeks when he was so sick I didn't want to keep switching since they knew his condition from the day we got home!! Thanks again always nice to hear what others have experienced.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thank you for the great tip. I will give Banfield a try and 100% tell them you sent us. They were second on my list. We take our lab to their Ahwatukee location and already have Louis V signed up on their puppy plan. Our lab has been on their wellness plan for 4 years but at my location the vet almost seemed nervous by Louis V. I am pretty sure I can use his puppy plan at any of their locations. In the first couple of weeks when he was so sick I didn't want to keep switching since they knew his condition from the day we got home!! Thanks again always nice to hear what others have experienced.

Great! Let me know how it goes!

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online