I need some advice

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you guys...inside my gut I feel like it is something that might pass because he has been going thru a bit of a growth spurt (out, not up). BUT my bully mama worry wart syndrome won't let me relax about it. I spoke with my husband about it again tonight. I will probably call the bully vet on Tuesday when everything opens up and try to get him in. I figure a $50 visit might be worth it's weight in gold...or it might not. lol I got the distinct impression from the ortho that if it isn't an ortho problem, it can be very difficult to figure out the problem and if we do, then it will be very difficult to treat if it can even be treated. He did rule out a few things for us. He knows it isn't a bone issue from the x-rays. Also ruled out any kind of infection due to the fact that there has been no fever, he is not lethargic, he WANTS to play and he is eating/drinking/pee/poo normally. He did list some sort of spinal or spinal fluid issue, muscle or nerve problem or a possible tumor. I worry because he has weakness and pain and not necessarily like a pulled muscle or strain. Ugh....who knows!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I just wanted to say :hug:
I would be worried, too!

Hopefully the bully specialty vet will have some new insight for you & Gator.

I am going through some health issues, and while it's nice to have everything ruled out, it's also really frustrating when you don't get any answers or solutions!

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
My Meilyr has that little motion with his rear leg. It kind of looks like a little pirate leg. I occasionaly see him not put too much weight on it but then he's ok. I would probably try to see a vet that specializes in the breed as well. Just to be on the safe side. I hope Gatoray will start to feel better so he can continue his active life.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh my what a nightmare! Seems like you have done everything possible with no correct answers!! Hang in there, hopefully something will turn out to be right soon :hug2:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I know im chiming in late here looking at the date but I just wanted to say im so sorry gator and you are going through this. Im feeling that after that many drs already that an mri maybe in your futrure. I hope your vet visit goes well and please let us know how hes doing. Hugs from me and sarah to you and gator.

Members online

No members online now.