Pudges face wrinkles! Need some advice on wat to do?

survi311

Jul 1, 2011
Pudgy has been really itchy on his face.His wrinkles are raw and he has been rubbing on the couch real hard and even trying to rub it with his paws.. which in turn he ended up cutting his cheek open. Went to the vet and got neo predel powder. which doesnt work well i have been using desatin cream which helps a little but he is still real bothered by it.If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I feel bad for the little fat guy.. Thank you

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there! Don't believe we have met yet. Welcome! My first question is going to be what food are you feeding?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
yes feed is one of the biggest culprits for tear stains/allergy as dessertskybulldogs has posted what feed?,karen

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
If you think he's yeasty, you can use yeast infection cream for women. I always keep some on hand just in case.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
The first question here is which food which has been asked. As far as managing, I recommend to clean and dry WELL. I dry until the fur looks "fluffy". Then use the desitin. I would do it several times a day to give the skin time to heal. If you think it is yeasty, you can try panalog cream from the vet.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus has the same problem. I spent months using DESITIN, wipes, Gold Bond powder, Mal-a-Ket wipes, Douxo wipes, and the raw, red, irritated wrinkles persisted. Contrary to belief, FOOD has nothing to do with this. Maximus has been on a very good Grain-Free Diet for months. I finally took him to the vet because of scabs and sores and hair loss on his back and hip areas. The Vet diagnosed him with Pyoderma and dermatitis. He is on an Antibiotic for 1-Month, and I have to clean his tail-pocket and wrinkles with Chlorhexidine solution. The "Wrinkle" problem is bacterial in origin. Max also has to be shampooed twice a week with a Medicated shampoo. The Antibiotic Powder the VET gave me for the wrinkles, along with the Oral antibiotic, and the Chlorhexidine has done wonders for his skin and his wrinkles.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.