sorry another bowel ( poop ) question

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
So.... Duke ( other than when he was passing that toy! ) always has two solid poops.. one in the morning, one after dinner.. always firm.. Sunday he had soft poop then Monday was ok but did not go at night and then Wednesday actually had the runs? but he seems fine? running around like a nut , totally himself :confused:

He isn't going any other times but now poop is pretty mushy?? do I call the Million dollar vet or wait a few more days?? our vet is almost an hour away and is so expensive but I don't want to not take him if this means he has a cold or something?? he will be 4 in aug and has never had this before? :shout:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] could he be constipated?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
If it were Stiggy I would wait a couple of days and give him some pumpkin to soothe his tummy. You may even try the bland diet. But you know Duke better than all of us, so if it seems like you need to see the vet right away, then you should. :)

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] could he be constipated?

not sure?? he has never had mushy poop before? weird in the am it will be mushy ( not the runs ) then at night it will be hard as a rock? I am not over concerned because he seems perfectly fine just didn't know if it was ok to wait a few days and then call if no better. I am going to try the pumpkin tonight..

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
If it were Stiggy I would wait a couple of days and give him some pumpkin to soothe his tummy. You may even try the bland diet. But you know Duke better than all of us, so if it seems like you need to see the vet right away, then you should. :)
thanks.. I think I will start the pumpkin and see how he is the next couple days.. I am a big worry wort! can you tell! :cry:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Poor duke..driving his mommy crazeeeeeeee! Is there any chance it's food related? I know you made the change a while back..but maybe? New treats or anything? Hmmmm..as you can tell I DON'T KNOW! I HATE :poo: ISSUES!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't know if you read my post last week about Vegas's poop, he was so constipated it took him 3-4 times to go once, everyone suggested pumpkin, which I thought was only for runny poop. Nope it works both ways to balance them out! The pumpkin got him back on track. I would definately try the pumpkin a couple of days before the million dollar vet!

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Karen, you are talking to fellow worry warts so don't feel bad. I agree with trying the pumpkin. As long as Duke is acting himself I wouldn't worry.

Lucy had a bout of runny poo about two weeks ago. Came out of the blue. Pumpkin had her back in action in a few days. Keep us posted.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
you can either starve for 24 hours or try pumpkin either fresh,tinned but not the pie filling type lol or pumpkin seeds ground up and put into his feed,my personal prefernce is 24 hour starve ,but i faste my dog 1 day a week anyway to give the digestive system a rest ,no im not mean lol,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.