Dry Nose All the Time!!

Sophie Sinel

Jun 29, 2011
Fallbrook
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Benedict I
Technically dogs that are healthy are supposed to have cool and wet noses, right? Well Benedict's nose is always really dry and hot! I don't know what to do, and if this is normal! Has anybody else had this happen to their dog?

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i might get yelled at for this, but butler used to have a very dry nose. so i used a nail file and ran it across his nose to get rid of the very rough hard tissue. i only did this once! and i didn't do it very hard or long.

what i have done with butler and have had excellent results with is i started feeding him coconut oil. he gets one teaspoon a night with his dinner and within 2 weeks i noticed incredible results with shedding, "dandruff", paw pads, and his dry nose. i swear by it! before i started feeding coconut oil i used aquaphor on his nose, which i use on my lips when i sleep. it is an excellent moisturizer and can be found for <5 at a walgreens, walmart, cvs, rite-aid, etc.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
It is very normal for a bully to have a dry nose. To keep it from cracking there are several products to use. I use vaseline or snout soother every night on my bullies' noses. You can also try aquaphor which Sheila also recommended. Bulldogs do not have "wet, cold" noses so don't worry. Your baby isn't sick or anything :)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Our baby has a dry nose I put snout soother it makes a world of difference

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What everyone else said. Plus, the only time HRH has had a runny/wet nose is when she has been sick or her allergies are acting up.

OP
Sophie Sinel

Sophie Sinel

Jun 29, 2011
Fallbrook
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Benedict I
Thanks everyone! I'm not that worried anymore. A couple days ago I put a little bit of Vaseline on his nose and it seemed to help, but now his nose is cold and wet all the time, except for when he's overheated.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I was wondering about this tonight... There is so much to learn about :bulldog: and I am having a BLAST :tease: meeting everyone !!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
If sarah didnt have a dry nose I would think something was wrong with her. I use vaseline on her nose and it seems to help quite a bit but Im not as diligent as I should be with it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie has a dry nose too ... I tried vaseline and wasnt' paticularly happy with it.

I now have snout soother AND Aquaphor. Of the two I find that Aquaphor is a LOT more effective. I stick with the Aquaphor now!! I think its probably cheaper too because I am still on my first lot!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I just got a new jar of Vaseline thay has cocoa butter in it. They seem to tolerate it better than plain vaseline. Maybe it smells and tastes better, as they tend to lick their noses after applying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Dry nose is really common with bullies.

I haven't tried snout soother yet (I need to!), but I use Vaseline on Delilah and that seems to help!

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.