Chaos vet trip

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
So I scheduled Chaos an appointment at a local pet spa for playtime and a bath. Its is sooo nice and the people there are really great. They only charge $18 and he stays and plays all day. We dont have any daycares around here, so thats the closest I can find. Anyway, I was told he was up to date on his shots but found out that he has not had his kennel cough shot. So I found a new vet that is really good and alot closer to home than the vet we had been seeing. I took him to get his shot and the vet was very knowledgeable about the breed and spent more time with me talking than any vet ever has!!!! So he found a new vet :D He sees man y bullies as well. Anyway the big one weighed in at 30.8 lbs :p He said he looks perfect and is as healthy as an ox. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for teaching me how to be a good bullie momma. I had to leave him at home, which worries me, are they ok after the kennel cough shot or should he be supervised?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi..sounds like great fun for chaos! And glad you found a vet you like! There are people here who swear the nasal spray version of the bortadella vaccine contributes to pneumonia. No such issues with the actual shot tho. My vet gives the nasal spray and she sees tons of bullies..and she OWNS one too. I gave the nasal one to Jake with no side effects..but I'm sure there is disagreement here! I'd just watch ..like every time they get a vaccine. Chaos looks beautiful!

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad you found a good bully vet, it sure does give you peace of mind when you do find one. I bet Chaos had a blast at the spa, he is a good looking bully.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
yay thats so awesome i know you were stressin a while back about finding a vet closer to ya.. o and we need to see mr chaos

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] I posted a thread a few days ago with a few new pics. He has really grown!

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] they gave him the nasal one :nervous: thats kinda scary. it looked like he shook most of it back out :) he acts fine other than a slightly runny nose. also he was a little itchy this evening after going outside so I gave him 1/4 of a benadryl. Is that the right dosage or not enough?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] I posted a thread a few days ago with a few new pics. He has really grown!

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] they gave him the nasal one :nervous: thats kinda scary. it looked like he shook most of it back out :) he acts fine other than a slightly runny nose. also he was a little itchy this evening after going outside so I gave him 1/4 of a benadryl. Is that the right dosage or not enough?

They can get 1 whole for their size. Jake got stung twice already by bees...apparently bees don't like to be licked by bulldogs...:laugh:..so he has had benadryl..no problem. All the bullies I know have all gotten nasal spray...with absolutely no problem! Don't worry. Just keep an eye out! Jake had 2 nasal ones 3 weeks apart! My vet uses the nasal because she said their noses are so short..if they get exposed at all..they will get kennel cough..and it can be really hard on them. Also the protection is immediate where the vaccine takes a few days!

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
ha! thanks for the reassurance, u know me :tease: and I didnt figure it was enough benadryl because most say after the dose they get sleepy. well he was still wired 100 mph, but a little "buzzed" acting if u would say :lmao: it was pretty funny :hahaha:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.