well the allergy bumps are back she doesnt scratch them and it doesnt seem to be from her food.

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
so i guess its allery test time? benedryl works but i feel like its just masking the problem?

DSC00388.jpg

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
You need to give it time. Did you change the food for a better quality one? if so, give it time to settle. It is a process and I know you are frustraded because no one wants to see their Bully in pain or having problems. Do you still feed her the purina kibble? Have you bathed her latley, and if so , what did you use to bathed her? Your vet can do the allergy test and my guess is it will be positive because of the little bumbs on her body. But to try and be proactive you have to start from the inside out. :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It could be a protein in the food or another ingredient, many dog foods use similar ingredients. The key to a good food is to build the immune system, which will help with food allergies as well as environmental. It could be grass, wool, pee, anything. What food are you feeding?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
could well be contact allergy,ive kept my dog off the grass and guess what her belly and pits have healed up ,minimal scratching so will wash her down again today to get rid of final grass elements left on her,finally a result,just have to plan walking routes now,fingers crossed thats the end of the scratching,its taken 3 months of food change and ellimination,so i would not pay out for testing yet ,you need to start elliminating things your dog is laying on,karen

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Has your pup been on any antibiotics recently?????? May need a probiotic like Yogurt to build the immune system back up. Add a tablespoon Plain Yogurt to its kibble. Won't hurt it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.