Help...Bump on Einstein's Eyelid

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
Not sure what this is. A little bump popped up yesterday on his left inner eyelid. It doesn't seem to bother him. He hasn't been trying to scratch it and his actual eye isn't red. I'm taking him to our vet on Monday because we are going on vacation next weekend and want to make sure everything is ok. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Sorry I'm not sure how to make pictures bigger without clicking on them. PS sorry about the eye goop!

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm...not sure I'm going to be much help as I've not seen or experienced anything like this. It almost looks from the photos as if it doesn't originate on the eyelid but just underneath. The eye is something you can't be too careful with so it's good you're going to the vets before you set off on vacation. It's not like the eye is like somewhere else where you can experiment with a few potions and lotions!!!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
mmmm. Duke has had lots of eye issues when he was younger. I haven't seen anything like this.. almost looks like a little cyst? I am sure the vet will be able to tell you better .. it is good that it is not red or irritated.. Good Luck tomorrow! :)

OP
Einstein the Great

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
The bump looked a little smaller today but I went ahead and took him the vet anyway. Our vet said he thought it looked like he either got bit by a bug or scratched himself. But bad news is he said that Einstein's eyelids are rolling up and his eyelashes are rubbing on his eye but he said they tend to roll more with inflammation. So we may have to do the ectropion surgery someday. He did have some issues maybe 6 months ago and his eye got really red and it watered a lot. And the vet said it was because of his eyelashes but we resolved it with eyedrops and pulling down on his cheek to try to correct the eyelid. Does anyone have any experience with this surgery. His eye isn't red at all right now but something we may have to do in the future.

Kmckim

Sep 9, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Did your vet ever confirm what this was? My 9 month old has the same thing and the vet didn't know what it was. Thank you :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online