Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, the eye is now back in...

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So, the eye is now back in...

My local vet says dogs can live with a cherry eye so I don't see why it can't wait till she's ready to be fixed.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

And also, by waiting, perhaps the other eye will develop cherry eye and they can be done at the same time. Sometimes I think Vet's rate the urgency of a situation by when their payment is due on their Mercedes.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

A little update:

We decided to have Penny's eye fixed yesterday. Poor baby girl. By Monday evening the cherry was about half of the size of her eye, red/ulcerated looking, and her eye was oozing green, goopy gunk even with the antibiotic ointment every 8 hours. I made lots of phone calls on Monday and got many mixed reviews on the best thing to do. I called back to our vet's office and spoke to him about our concerns about putting her under twice. They were very understanding, and said that he always recommended anesthesia as few times as possible, but based on the way her eye was looking that he strongly felt that we should take care of it sooner rather than later.

She did well, and we were able to pick her her yesterday afternoon. She was groggy yesterday and quite pathetic. She is quite ticked about wearing the cone (has to wear it for 10 days) and getting ointment in her eye. I had to wait until she was asleep to do it. She is more herself today, and nearly plowed me over to eat breakfast this morning.

Thanks for all of the advice over the last few days! I think it has been a traumatic experience for us & Penny. She looks a little like she was in a bar fight, but her eye is looking better already (no more drainage/goop).

A little blessing in this was getting in contact with our local bulldog club (I had sent some e-mails for vet recs to the officers listed online). They were super helpful & I think that we will get involved!
    Name:  penny - cone.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  3.0 KB

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
    Likes (Received)

YAY!!!!!!

She's so cute. She will be good to go now. I'm glad she is ok and that the vet fixed the eye. I know how sad and worrysome it can be.
    Even on the most awful of days, Hambone can get a smile out of me. I don't know what else to say other than, the bond one has with their dog is one of the most special things there is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads