autodidact

autodidact

Jun 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Joey
2h53ach.jpg

2j2aue8.jpg

Here are a few more pictures. Joey is still eating and drinking well today. The medicine is staying down and she tons of energy when she's not sleeping. She is actually enjoying the steam treatments we were told to give her.

I think we caught it early enough that it shouldn't progress into something more serious.

Also, does anyone have an opinion on giving her a deworming treatment along with the amoxicillin? The vet said it was OK, but it seems like a lot of medicine for such a small dog. Thanks all.

Attachments

• Photo Jun 23, 7 33 02 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 23, 7 33 02 PM.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo May 31, 7 21 51 PM.jpg
    Photo May 31, 7 21 51 PM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it should be fine to deworm her and it is important to keep that on schedule due to the breeding cycle of worms and their egg laying. Glad to hear she is eating and drinking well!

OP
autodidact

autodidact

Jun 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Joey
It seems like Joey made it through this bout with pneumonia. Her cough cleared up in a few days after we started giving her the banana flavored medicine that she loved so much. Her doctor said we would see a change in her appetite and energy if the illness was going to get worse, and thankfully we never ran into to either. I feel fortunate that I panicked a bit and took her to the vet after catching her cough a few times. Early detection seemed to have been the key to beating this. I will post another update next Friday when she is to get another xray done to verify everything is cleared up.

Here she is napping away on the couch this morning.

Photo Jul 04, 12 36 28 PM.jpg

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
This is such good news. I love your pictures and Joey looks so peaceful and content. Please let us know how she does at her appt on Friday!:D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a beautiful girl and so glad she is getting better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.