Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Pregant????

Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzie, Abbie & Georgia
    Likes (Received)

Default Possible Pregant????

Good Morning all - I had wrote last week about labored breathing on a new EB we got from someone that should not be breeding - anyway - the vet gave her a clean bill of health with the exception of being 15 lbs over weight and totally deaf - which requires lots more patience then normal but we are doing fine. Now to the issue at hand - she is still labored in her breathing - very clingy and is having accidents in her crate with the crte door open. My question is - how do you tell if a female EB is pregant. We have only had her ten days and her tits are dropping and she is not losing any weight even though we have cut her to 2 cups of food a day........Help - not sure what to do - vet can't get her in till July 5th and if she is pregant - i don't think we need to continue with the diet.........any suggestions

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Possible Pregant????

You can't decrease her food if prego, that is for sure. Problem I am concerned with is why can't your vet not get her in sooner? I would say find a new vet and a very experienced Bulldog one at that.

I have never had a pregnant bulldog or dog for that matter, only a cat. I am not sure, but you maybe able to "feel" the babies in her tummy. I do know they need to get x-rays done to confirm litters. @desertskybulldogs maybe able to help you better.

I hope all is fine and it is just a "change in environment" thing going on.

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tilly, Bud and Kami
    Likes (Received)

Your vet can so an ultra-sound and or x-ray and find out if she is preg. Sounds to me like she is. My lab had pups 7 weeks ago and she did those same things. So I would call the vet ASAP.. English Bulldogs CAN't give birth naturally. (from what I have read).

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Can you take a picture of her? If she is past 6 weeks you can feel puppies move if you are patient. If she is only a few weeks along the appt would be okay to wait for.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yes go to a diff vet for sure cuz you need to get her checked. And she needs more food not less if prego, obviously. lol. If she is prego make sure you have a good bully vet for delivery because many ebs die during cesarean due to wrong dosage of meds and taking too long on surgery. Short nose dogs are totally diff than other types of dogs.

Lucy-licious

Have you told the vet you think she is pregnant and you need advise?
    If so and they gave you this appointment knowing that, I would def go to another vet.
    In the mean time until you do know please give her her normal diet and don't cut it.
    You can always make the cut later if she is not pregnant.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Good advice from @cali~jenn find a good bully vet to have her checked and try to see how far along she is if in fact she is prego. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

OMG!! I would stop the diet until you can get her to a vet. Keep her comfy and safe! Good luck and lets us know what the vet says
    LisaMarie

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

is there any mobile scanners near you ,we have them here in uk,keep her feeds up just in case,self whelping is totally possible but obviously youve had her a short while so def section if she is pregnant ,good luck with her ,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
    Likes (Received)

what size are her nibbles? fatter then your pinky finger? How does her vagina look? puffy or normal? Any throwing up and having binges when she eats? All these are signs of early stages of pregnancy. If getting close to delivery you will see restlessness, making a nest with her blankets, and you will see a clear discharge from her vagina as well as milk in her nipples.
    How old is she? I agree with the above advice as well..... get a good EB vet and don't put her on a diet until you know for sure!
    Good Luck and let us know.
    Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldog puppies!!
    BJ's Farm

Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzie, Abbie & Georgia
    Likes (Received)

thank you everyone for the advice - we have increased her food and she seems a little less stressed but still following us around. As far as the vet - he is not an expert but there are no expert vets in the area - we have checked.......She has been breed by a previous owner from what the lady told me when we bought her but not incision. she will be two in september and her tits are as big around as my pinkie and yes they are somewhat pink.......she has a very short nose compared to my other EB's. The vet said it would be hard to put her under to get her fixed when the weight comes off.....

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Is this the same vet who does the C sections for the breeders bullies? I couldn't imagine continuing with a vet that couldn't squeeze in an appointment for something like this, or for anything. Our dogs don't get sick by appointment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads