Eye wrinkle issues :(

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
First of all, i apologize for being so inactive latley and then just coming on for help (at least i paid my dues and added some pics lol) :(...but we are having some issues. But latley, samsons wrinkle right under his eyes are very red and irritated on both sides and they look raw. :( he doesnt seem to itch them or anything or bother him...but i could only imagine how uncomfortable they are. I bought some Dr. Maggie ointment and i dont know if this is bad or good. im going to pick up some corn starch tonight and start trying that. But does anyone have any advice for us?

thank you in advance

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Aww....poor Samson!!! I am glad you posted pics though :). I love his face! Anyway, I use desitin. Just make sure it is SUPER dry and you only need a tiny bit. I actually sort of rub it in the direction of the hair and try to get it on the skin under the hair. I have found that though the hair will get tear stained, this protects the skin from the moisture and the skin underneath the stains looks nice and healthy. It will give the skin time to heal. Kind of like a diaper rash. lol. Lots of people use the powder but I have found if there is a LOT of moisture, the powder cakes up on me and the desitin doesn't. I do it once a day but you might want to do it twice until the skin starts to look better.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
yeah it looks so bad that when i whipe it some hair actually comes off.. i feel so ignorant for not knowing how to have helped him right away. I always whiped with baby whipes, but i never dried :( . So do i dry it first then put the destin on?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Where are the freaking pics?:eek: but I am sorry Samson is having wrinkle issues. I know how he feels! :blush: I miss you guys. Listen to gatorray cuz I'm no help with this. Guess I need to start picture hunting again!

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
yeah it looks so bad that when i whipe it some hair actually comes off.. i feel so ignorant for not knowing how to have helped him right away. I always whiped with baby whipes, but i never dried :( . So do i dry it first then put the destin on?

Yes. Clean wrinkles then make sure you dry them well. Then apply desitin. I only use desitin ( or A&D) or panalog(prescription) on Lucy's face folds. Like [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] mentioned the powder seems to build up and gets caked on. Maybe I was doing it wrong but never liked powder.

How is he looking today? Any improvement?

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's probably an easy fix.

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think it's just something we will have to deal with seasonally. HRH is more tear stained and has goopey eyes and a runny nose. We are giving her benadryl and wiping the folds a lot more these days. It's mostly just staining not raw. I haven't used desitin yet, but think I'll start that too.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
You just have to keep the area as dry as possible :). I also use peroxide for the staining. I will put the peroxide on and let it sit while I clean his nose rope and other areas then go back and wipe off the peroxide and dry until the hair looks kind of "fluffy" so I know it is all the way dry and then the desitin :).

How is he looking today?

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
we do the same as the others.. but I have found less is more.. I would clean every day but found when I do every 2nd or third day worked better. the "off " days I would just dry the wrinkle with a tissue.. when they are raw I use desitin every day.. Good Luck!

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION] how is Samson today?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm having the same problem with BabyGirl. Washing, drying and Desitin creme routine too! I'm also giving her a little Angel eyes. She hates the taste. I think this is seasonal because she's never had it this bad.
4caff1b1-9a58-7d48.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I'm having the same problem with BabyGirl. Washing, drying and Desitin creme routine too! I'm also giving her a little Angel eyes. She hates the taste. I think this is seasonal because she's never had it this bad.
4caff1b1-9a58-7d48.jpg

Now THAT is funny!!!!!!!! :rofl:
Poor abused baby! :(

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
4caff1b1-9a58-7d48.jpg

OH MY GOSH!!!! too funny!!! poor little girl! :lmao:

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
4caff1b1-9a58-7d48.jpg

OMG!!! That is totally hilarious! Thanks for the chuckle...

Wnstnsddy

Sep 21, 2010
Va Beach, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My wife and I have a bi-nightly ritutal where we take cotton balls, try te wrinkles first, then use hydorgen peroxide to kill bacteria, and then powder with corn starch. Winstons got realy bad like yours and we found after a couple nights of this, he was looking better. Once you get a routine, you wont have any problems. Another thing too is to uses eye drops to keep the eye from getting irritated and causing crying.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
4caff1b1-9a58-7d48.jpg

:luv: it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.