Wilson had a reaction...

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i always doubt what vets want to give my dog,i will discuss it with the vet then research the side effects,its a very emotional time when our dogs are poorly and we listen to our vets and do what they want to do,i think that if there are too many side effects and there always is with any meds be it human or animal but we are only thinking of our dogs best interests at the time,try researching alternitive meds ,i know that we want instant results and sometimes we get them with very little/no side effects,and some meds are urgently needed for some illnesses ,but for allergy related symptoms which is all they are and whilst we treat the symptoms we are not dealing with the core problem,its very hard and i am in no way trying to dismiss allergy symptoms as a minor problem as i know they are not,but surely instead of trying different allergy shots/pills which have so many side effects and not always instant remember some can take months to show themselves,perhaps herbal/homeopathic remedies would work just as good if not better,just my thoughts and what i am doing with my own dog at the moment,if i have offended anyone then im sorry and it was not intentional,karen

OP
Fontanafox

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] For myself I am not at all offended. I hear you. I am well aware that we are just treating the symptoms and not the source. I'm working on trying to remove most possible offenses. I've changed my detergents and fabric softeners to dye and perfume free types. I don't use any harsh cleaners on my floors or air fresheners. I don't give them any of those "junk" treats. I've changed them to a 6-star food. I do frequent wipe downs when they come in from the yard. I've removed all my roses (thorns) and any plants that were deemed poisonous for animals. I don't use bug killing chemicals in my back yard anymore. My dogs spend most of the time indoors. I walk them only in the evenings when it is cool. They always have cool fresh water and they are lavished with love, affection and attention. I hope to one day find that key element that will help us get there and then share it.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
hi,ive started feeding fresh basil as i do not want to keep giving antihistamines it is supposed to be a natural antihistamine ,i will keep you posted on that one as its just her second feed with fres
015-1.jpg
h basil obviously i will have to wait and see,i havnt given antihistamines this morning so fingers crossed,all we can do is just keep searching for cures,i also have been using calamine lotion ,as she only scratches her belly and pits she cant lick it as it can be toxic if ingested and i have to say it does stop the scratching,she also wears a tshirt lol shes getting used to that one now and it has so helped with any secondary infections ,we need all help and advice we can get on this topic ,it certainly is a full time job lol,karen

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh my, what a scare you had. Thank goodness Wilson is doing better and sleeping his troubles away.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] For myself I am not at all offended. I hear you. I am well aware that we are just treating the symptoms and not the source. I'm working on trying to remove most possible offenses. I've changed my detergents and fabric softeners to dye and perfume free types. I don't use any harsh cleaners on my floors or air fresheners. I don't give them any of those "junk" treats. I've changed them to a 6-star food. I do frequent wipe downs when they come in from the yard. I've removed all my roses (thorns) and any plants that were deemed poisonous for animals. I don't use bug killing chemicals in my back yard anymore. My dogs spend most of the time indoors. I walk them only in the evenings when it is cool. They always have cool fresh water and they are lavished with love, affection and attention. I hope to one day find that key element that will help us get there and then share it.
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION], I too do all the above yet Vegas still gets an allergy shot about every 5 weeks when I know he needs one. His shots consist of a quick acting one and a long acting one. I can tell a world of difference the very day he gets his shots. Thank God we have never had any problems he has been getting them for about 4-5 months now due to all the outside elements that are out of my control. I hope it does not happen to you again, they really do bring relief.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online