Thinning hair

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Brodie has spots on his back that look like the hair is thinning. It is only on his back and he is not itching. It kinda looks a little darker in the spots. The spots are not bald and they are only on the top of his back. He is fawn colored and I read that can happen on the fawn color and rougher hair grows in but its not all over him. I dunno, any ideas? Oh and he is eating Avoderm grain free red meat and potatos. Here is a pic.
IMAG0265.jpg

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i think i can kinda see what you are talking about. does it look like he's been rained on? my first fawn bully had that too and it was some dermatological condition that was cleared up with meds. i think [MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION] has experience with this as well.

Last edited:
OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Yea that is what it kinda looks like! There are about 20-30 little spots. Its just wierd cause its not bothering him.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
okay, i had that before. i can't remember what it was called but i took my guy to the animal dermatologist and he prescribed meds. once bruno's dad sees his tag he should be able to give you better info. :)

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi ...Yes bruno had those little spots all over, mostly on his sides. AT first I thought it was ringworm. The Vet and the breeder I got him from suggested I treat him with Ivomec. I did just that for about a month and he improved a whole lot. He really improved when I took the kibble away from him and switched him to RAW. He was on taste of the wild grain free Pacific formula.
This is what a few of the spots on him looked like.
1535bb19.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yuna has had this twice, both times it went away on it's own. She is also fawn, but I change dog food for trials quite often. She was also young, could be hormones as well. She just kinda blew her coat and went away within a couple of weeks.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
[MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION] did the Vet say what it was?

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I did read about the hormone thing too, he is 7 months old right now so he is probably at that stage :cry:growing up too fast!!

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
oh my Goodness, i was just going thru the posts and saw this picture, This looks almost identical to what we were dealing with , with Diesel ! he is more white, so you can see on some spots there are little white bumps also, i posted in another thread, they tested for Demodex , it came back negative, then gave him a allergy shot, altho he seems to be getting them again. We live in Ohio, and the allergies this time of year are terrible, what are you guys speaking of with the hormones ? Im afraid i havent heard of that ?

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] i wish i could be of some help here, but nope :( thats not what samson looked like. His was more like big patches between the size of a dime to the biggest one being about 2.5 inches in diameter.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.