Gregory has a tumor :(

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
Thursday night i took gregory to the dog park, he had so much fun and got covered in dirt. I brought him home and started to clean him off and noticed this red bump on his neck, i parted the fur and notice it was pretty big as round as a dime but stuck out about 2 or 3mm's. i thought at first aw he got bit by a bug or something or maybe its a hot spot. i waited til the morning and called the vet, the receptionist checked with our vet and he said shave it down and watch it for 2 days. so we did no change. I started to get concerned so we made an apt to go in for tuesday night. We get there and he takes one look at it and tells me not to worry to stay calm ( he knows me very well i tend to freak out easy) and tells me its a tumor. he is 98% sure its not cancerous but we have to watch it for 3 weeks. If it starts to shrink then awesome, if gets small then large again surgery asap, and if it stays the same it comes off after 3 weeks.
im so worry about my baby! has anyone had this happen before to them? he isnt even two yet! wont be til september 22nd :(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh..I'm so sorry! I would be a mess too. But I'm sure your vet is on top of this. Pat yourself on the back for seeing it so quickly and following your instincts. Will be a long 3 weeks!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
:pray: You did a good job and sounds like you have a great vet. Keep and eye on him and am sure the outcome will be a good one.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
oh you need a big hug :hug:I am the same way. Duke had a lump on his neck the size of a golf ball after the holidays.. his was a reaction to his vaccines but same thing took him in they said to " watch" it and if it gets bigger will need to be removed.. I think I gained ten pounds in two weeks.. I am a stress eater.. well it eventually did go down.. but I had them biopsy it anyway.. in going through this I learned alot about these tumors that are not cancerous ( they look and sound scary ) but are NOT life threatening. so as scared as you are your vet already gave you very positive feedback so hold on to that. in the meantime lean on us here.. your baby will be OK :heart:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Winston had one on the back of his neck. It didn't shrink or get bigger. We had it removed and he was the same guy. You did the right thing and it seems you have an awsome vet. He will be fine im sure. The 3 weeks would be nerve racking though.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I don't have any words of wisdom to offer, but I wanted to say hang in there!! I hope you little guy will be just fine

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awww very sorry to hear this. Give him a big hug from us and we will have our paws crossed for nothing but good news :pray:

OP
buffalobabie

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
thanks guys! my family has been very positive trying to keep me from worring but it means alot to have your feed back i feel better already.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
oh, sorry to hear about the discovery, but at least you did and now you're taking action. :hug:
We'll be thinking of Gregory and ride on the positive train like what your fam is doing.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
aww, i feel so bad for you, i would be an absolute mess. i really like the 98% the vet gave you, so try to focus on that for now :hug: you will both be okay

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
try not to worry most bumps/lumps are benign ,chin up ,thinking about youxx,karen

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, I am so sorry.

If it helps, I posted on here before about my friend's German Shepherd who had a lump on her chest with a similar description to Gregory's lump. It turned out to be a benign tumor, which as others have pointed out, are relatively common in dogs.

Think positive!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, dear. BIG HUGS to you and to Gregory. Waiting three weeks is would be nerve wracking and I am sorry that the two of you have to go through this. I will be thinking of you both and keep us posted.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
China has them all over her body. She has cysts and my vet said if we remove them, then they will just come back worse. So we just keep an eye on them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online